Tuesday, June 13, 2017

June 11, 2017

Sunday School
References: Bible.org; Google

Three Characteristics of God
  • God is Omnipresent meaning He is everywhere.
  1. Psalm 139:7-10 - Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou are there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
  2. James 5:9 - Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge stands before the door.
  3. Matthew 28:19-20 - Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
  4. Philippians 4:5 - Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
  5. Colossians 1:17 - And He is before all things, and by Him all things consist.
  6. Amos 9:1-4 - I saw the Lord standing upon the alter: and He said, Smite the lintel of the door, that the posts my shake: and cut them in the head, all of them; and I will slay the last of them with the sword: he that flees of them shall not flee away, and he that escapes of them shall not be delivered. Though they dig into hell, thence shall mine hand take them; though they climb up to heaven, thence will I bring them down: And though they hide themselves in the top of Carmel, I will search and take them out thence; and though they be hid from my sight in the bottom of the sea, thence will I command the serpent, and he shall bite them: And though they go into captivity before their enemies, thence will I command the sword, and it shall slay them: and I will set mine eyes upon them for evil, and not for good.
  • God is Omnipotent meaning He is all powerful.
  1. Romans 4:17 - As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations. He is our father in the sight o God, in whom he believed - the God who gives life to the dead and calls into being things that were not.
  2. Hebrews 11:3 - By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.
  3. Ephesians 3:20 - Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us.
  4. Jeremiah 32:17 - "Ah, Sovereign Lord, You have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you.
  • God is Omniscient meaning all knowing.
  1. Genesis 1:1 - In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
  2. Genesis 1:14 - And God said, "Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years.
  3. Exodus 3:13-14 - Moses said to God, "Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them,' The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is his name?' Then what shall I tell them?" God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.'"
  4. John 8:57-58 - "You are not yet fifty years old," they said to him, "and you have seen Abraham!"  "Very truly I tell you," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!"
  5. Psalm 90:2 - Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the whole world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God.
  6. Revelation 1:8 - I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."
  • God's Timing.
  1. 2 Peter 3:8 - But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.
  2. Isaiah 46:10 - I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say, 'My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.'
  • God and Man.
  1. Jeremiah 1:5 - "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."
  2. Romans 8:29-30 - For those God foreknew He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.  And hose He predestined, He also called; those He called, He also justified; those He justified, He also glorified.
  3. Isaiah 9:6 - For to use a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on His shoulders. And He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Sermon
Mark 6:30-34 - The apostles gathered around Jesus and reported to Him all they had done and taught. Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, He said to them, "Come with Me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest."  So they went away by themselves in a boat to a solitary place. But many who saw them leaving recognized them and ran on foot from all the towns and got there ahead of them.  When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, He had compassion on them, because they were like sheep without a shepherd. So He began teaching them many things.

Subject: Our God Who Cares
  • Many have a faulty impression of God.
  • Our God is a holy God.
  • He is untouched by our wickedness.
  • God is in control of everything.
  • God is Omnipresent, Omnipotent and Omniscient.
  • God became flesh through Jesus to allow Himself to understand what the fleshly man suffered.
  • God cares for His laboring servants - Mark 6:30
  • God expects us to rest.
  • God cares about the lost sheep.
  • God is compassionate towards us.

No comments:

Brown Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Church & Cemetery

Our Gospel is:
J-oyful in tone
E-arnest in spirit
S-atisfying to the soul
U-plifting to all
S-ane in its appeal.
Welcome to Brown Chapel A.M.E. Church blog.
We invite you to leave comments whenever you see the "Comments are Welcome" area at the end of each post. You can also email us about information that you, the viewer, might have concerning our church history or just to keep in touch with us. Finally, we also, encourage you to become a "Follower" of our blog! This allows you to be notified when a new post appears.

Videos

Please note: Some of the videos in this blog will appear blackened. This means that the video is only recorded in audio (no picture).

Slide Shows

If you are having trouble viewing each "show," click on the "X" at the right-hand top of each show to get rid of the ads.

Church Family

Veterans