The Call To Worship - The Litany For Empowerment
(29) He giveth power to the faint; and to that have no might He increaseth strength.
(30) Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:
(31) But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faith.
Bishop Bryant gave a brief history of the founding of the African Methodist Episcopal Church throughout his stirring message, that Richard Allen, in 1794 founded the first AME church in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He was elected the first bishop of the AME church, as well.
- We are sometimes caught in a storm as Paul was, but, as Paul advised, we need to stick with the ship (church)!
- When our lives are in turmoil and stress, don't give up or give out..... stick with the ship (church)!
- When Jesus made the rock of our foundation, He made it "Hell-proof!"