Saturday, February 11, 2012

Founder's Day - Saturday - Summary

February 11, 2012
Closing Worship Service

The Call To Worship - The Litany For Empowerment

Leader: I am a part of the fellowship of the unashamed. I have Holy Ghost Power. The die has been cast; I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made: I am a disciple of Jesus Christ! I won't look back, let up, slow down, back up or be still!

People:  My past is redeemed. My present makes sense.  My Future is secure. I am finished and done with low-living, sight-walking, small-planning, colorless-dreaming, mundane-talking, cheap living, cloudy visions and dwarfed goals!

Leader:  I no longer need preeminence, position, promotions, plaudits or popularity. I do not have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean on the Lord, run with patience, lift by prayer and labor by Holy Ghost power!

People:  My face is set. My focus is fixed. My goal is heaven. My road is narrow. My way is rough. My guide is reliable, my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, lured, tempted, ignored, detoured, deluded or delayed.

Leader: I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity!

People:  I won't give up, shut up or let up until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up and worked up for the cause of Christ! I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I must go till He comes, give till I drop, teach till all know and work till the end.  And when Jesus comes, He will have no problem recognizing me, because He will remember that I was the one He empowered to make a difference!

Scripture - Isaiah 40:28-31
(28) Hast thou not known? Hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? There is no searching of His understanding.
(29) He giveth power to the faint; and to that have no might He increaseth strength.
(30) Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:
(31)  But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faith.
Praise Dancing snippet form St. Paul Liturgical Dancers

Snippet from The Tenth District Choir

Bishop John R. Bryant, Presiding Prelate, 4th District, 
whose living testimony is 
"Who will go for us? Here am I, send me...... "

Bishop Bryant gave a brief history of the founding of the African Methodist Episcopal Church throughout his stirring message, that Richard Allen, in 1794 founded the first AME church in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He was elected the first bishop of the AME church, as well.

Acts 27:29-31
 Subject: "Stick With The Church" 

Snippet from sermon

A Few Key Points:
  • We are sometimes caught in a storm as Paul was, but, as Paul advised, we need to stick with the ship (church)!
  • When our lives are in turmoil and stress, don't give up or give out..... stick with the ship (church)!
  • When Jesus made the rock of our foundation, He made it "Hell-proof!"


No comments:

Brown Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Church & Cemetery

Our Gospel is:
J-oyful in tone
E-arnest in spirit
S-atisfying to the soul
U-plifting to all
S-ane in its appeal.
Welcome to Brown Chapel A.M.E. Church blog.
We invite you to leave comments whenever you see the "Comments are Welcome" area at the end of each post. You can also email us about information that you, the viewer, might have concerning our church history or just to keep in touch with us. Finally, we also, encourage you to become a "Follower" of our blog! This allows you to be notified when a new post appears.

Videos

Please note: Some of the videos in this blog will appear blackened. This means that the video is only recorded in audio (no picture).

Slide Shows

If you are having trouble viewing each "show," click on the "X" at the right-hand top of each show to get rid of the ads.

Church Family

Veterans