God’s Grace - Part 2
- The word grace in Greek means "charis," which means favor, blessing or kindness.
- Grace is God choosing to bless us rather than curse us for our sins. It is His showing of benevolence toward the undeserving.
- Ephesians 2:8 - "For by grace are you saved, through faith, and that not of yourselves."
- God shows us both mercy and grace, but they aren't the same.
- Mercy withholds the punishment we deserve and grace gives us blessing we do not deserve.
- God offers us forgiveness, reconciliation, abundant life, eternal treasure, His Holy Spirit and a place in heaven with Him some day when we accept Him and place our faith in His sacrifice.
- Grace is God giving His greatest treasure to the least deserving. Us!
2 Corinthians 10:4-5 - For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.
Topic: Dealing With Your Strongholds
- God's Word is forever.
- Matthew 24:6 - You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is still to come.
- There is a time for everything.
- Romans 13:12-14 - The night has advanced toward dawn; they day is near. So then we must lay aside the works of darkness, and put on the weapons of light. Let us live decently as in the daytime, not in carousing and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and sensuality, not in discord and jealousy. Instead, put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh to arouse its desires.
- God wants us to walk in freedom.
- One of our weapons is spreading the gospel not guns.
- We are light in a world of darkness.
- Faith and prayer are more of our weapons.
- We should ask God to purge us of the footholds which can quickly become strongholds in our lives.
- Give yourself a "self exam."