Believe and Obey
We as Christians have two important things to remember. We are to believe and obey God.
- Exodus 19:5 - Now therefore, if you will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, they you shall be mine own possession from among all peoples: for all the earth is mine.
- Deuteronomy 11:1 - Therefore you shall love the Lord your God, and keep his charge, and his statutes, and his ordinances, and his commandments, always.
- John 15:9 - Just as the Father has loved me, I have also loved you; remain in my love.
- Ephesians 6:1-3 - Children, obey your parents in the Lord for this is right. "Honor your father and mother," which is the first commandment accompanied by a promise, namely, "that it may go well with you and that you will live a long time on the earth."
- Romans 1:5 - Through him we have received grace and our apostleship to bring about the obedience of faith among all the Gentiles on behalf of his name.
- John 14:15 - If you love me, you will obey my commandments.
- 2 John 1:6 - Now this love: that we walk according to his commandments. This is the commandment, just as you have heard from the beginning; thus you should walk in it.
- Luke 11:28 - But he replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it!"
by Rev. Ed Hunt
John 11:43-44 - When he had said this, Jesus called in a loud voice, "Lazarus, come out!" The dead man came out, his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen and a cloth around his face. Jesus said to them, "Take off the grave clothes and let him go."
Subject: Loose Me & Let Me Go
- Jesus called Lazarus forth and said loose him and let him go.
- As Christians, we are bound by our fleshly bodies but Jesus is our way out.
- Romans 8:1-6 - Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. Those who live according to the flesh had their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed the Spirit is life and peace.
- Jesus is the power behind all this is our salvation.
- Jesus' blood is the only blood that cleanses our sins.
- Jesus wants us free and to walk in love.
- Deadly habits have to go: hatefulness, anger, etc.
- Faith in Jesus, transforms us.
- We need to live and walk in the Holy Spirit.
- Matthew 16:19 - I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.
- Bind up jealousy, anger, drunkenness, cheating, greed, lustfulness, complaining, etc. and say, "Loose me and let me go."
- Ephesians 4:24 - And to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.