1 Corinthians 2
Resources: Keith Krell, Google, LifeWay
Paul Preaches Wisdom
- Paul was considered a well educated man but when he spoke or wrote letters to the churches he used language that everyone could understand.
- Paul was disheartened about the unified church of Corinth.
- He said that the only the church could live a wise life was by having the right perspective and that without the light of God's Spirit, there is darkness.
- True wisdom is cross-centered. True wisdom is found in the word of the cross.
- 1 Corinthians 2:6-9 - Yet when I am among mature Christians, I do speak with words of wisdom, but not the kind of wisdom that belongs to this world, and not the kind that appeals to the rulers of this world, who are being brought to nothing. No, the wisdom we speak of is the secret wisdom of God, which was hidden in former times, though He made it for our benefit before the world began. But the rulers of this world have not understood it; if they had, they would never have crucified one glorious Lord. This is what the Scriptures mean when they say, "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love Him." Isaiah 64:4
- Mature Christians are those believers who recognize and embrace God's wisdom in the cross.
- The wisdom of God is eternal.
- The wisdom of God is beneficial to us because God has our good in mind as He is our sovereignty.
- The wisdom of God is supernatural.
- True wisdom is Spirit directed, meaning the Holy Spirit, our comforter, reveals deep things to us Christians.
- The Holy Spirit, the third member of the Trinity, knows what God has in store for us.
- Ephesians 1:14 - The Spirit is God's guarantee that He will give us everything He promised long ago.
- The unbeliever "cannot" understand God's way, the Christian way.
- Isaiah 40:13 - "For who has known the mind of the Lord, that he will instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ."
Proverbs 31:10-15;25-28 - v10 Who can find a virtuous and capable wife? She is worth more than precious rubies. v11 Her husband can trust her, and she will greatly enrich his life. v12 She will not hinder him but help him all her life. v13 She finds wool and flax and busily spins it. v14 She is like a merchant's ship; she brings her good from afar. v15 She gets up before dawn to prepare breakfast for her household and plan the day's work for her servant girls. v25 She is clothed with strength and dignity and she laughs with no fear of the future. v26 When she speaks, her words are wise and kindness is the rule when she gives instructions. v27 She carefully watches all that goes on in her household and does not have to bear the consequences of laziness. v28 Her children stand and bless her. Her husband praises her.
Subject: The Attributes of a Godly Woman
Women of great Attributes (to name a few): Mary, mother of Jesus; Hannah, Ruth, Naomi
- Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Matthew 6:33
- Be committed to the cause of Christ.
- Can God trust you with His assignment?
- A great attribute is to be a fervent prayer warrior.
- Children are a gift from the Lord. Psalm 127:3-5
- We must work the works of Him who sent Me as long as it is day; night is coming when no one can work. John 9:4
- Be a living example of Jesus.