The Whole Armor of God - Part 4
Review of precious lessons
- Shod your feet - The Gospel of Peace - we must be ready to preach the Word in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke and exhort, with complete patience and teaching. 2 Timothy 4:2
- Shodding your feet has two purposes: to defend ourselves against the flaming arrows of the evil one. Ephesians 6:16 - in all circumstances take up the shield of faith , with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one. We must have confidence of or position in Christ and we must stand firm in the truth of God's Word.
- 1 John 5:14 - And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. We must understand grace without abusing it.
- Romans 6:1-6 - What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it? Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into Hid death. We were buried therefore with Him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too, might walk in newness of life. For we have been united with Him in a death like His, we shall certainly be united with Him in a resurrection like His. We know that our old self was crucified with Him in order that the body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin.
Psalm 103:1-2 - Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise His holy name.
Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all His benefits.
Subject: The Purpose of Praise
- Praise means to acknowledge; to bow down in the presence of an awesome God.
- God is worthy to be praised
- Praise is to honor God; all the glory and honor belong to God.
- We gather to worship God.
- We should have a personal relationship with Jesus.
- God is the one who woke us up this morning.
- In Christ, we live.
- God is the author and finisher of our faith.
- Benefits are from God for us.
- There's a whole lot of knowledge but God gives us wisdom.
- Because of the privilege and authority God has given me, I give each of you this warning: Don't think of yourself more highly than you ought to think. Romans 12:3
- I have a reasonable portion of my health and strength.