Prayer - Part 4
Isaiah 40:29-31 - He give power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increases strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Subject: Waiting on the Lord"
- It seems we are always waiting on something: on the light to turn green; at the checkout counter; at the doctor's office; in line at the post office; the list goes on.
- Becoming discouraged leads to defeat and is a trick that Satan loves to use.
- We should address a problem by offering a promise - by waiting on the Lord.
- Waiting in faith will boost hope.
- Trust in God's power.
- Believe in God's holy will.
- We expect God to renew our strength because we have exhausted ourselves fighting with Satan. By using the Word of God, we are strengthened.
- Supernatural strength from God restores our strength.
- Why wait? 1. To receive God's clear direction. 2. To Keep in step with God's timing. 3. So that God can strengthen our faith in Him. 4. To allow God to sift thru our motives to find the correct reasons.
Homecoming Sermon (by Pastor Reginald Houston) - Habakkuk 2:1-3 - I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what he will say unto me, and what I shall answer wen I am reproved. And the Lord answered me, and said, "Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that reads it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry."
Pastor Houston used a pencil, Joy, Favor, a switch, and a few other objects along with his sermon.
Video Snippets - Just click on the "words" Video below:
Photos from Homecoming 2019