1 Timothy 3:16
In English translation.......
- And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness - Jesus was born of a virgin, from divine to human yet both. This is the mystery revealed to us.
- God was manifest in the flesh for a reason - 1 John 3:8 The one who dose what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work.
- Manifest in the flesh.—When the Son of God came forth from the Father “He was manifested in the flesh;” or, in other divine words, “the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only-begotten of the Father”
- Justified in the Spirit - either by the Spirit of God, making His human nature pure and hold, and preserving it from original sin and taint. By descending on Him at His baptism (Luke 3:21-22); by His resurrection from the dead that Christ's marvelous claims to the Godhead were justified.
- Seen of angles - the angles who inhabit heaven. Hebrews 1:6 - And again, when God brings His firstborn into the world, He says, "Let all God's angels worship Him."
- Preached unto the Gentiles - Acts 22:21 - "Then the Lord said to me, 'Go, I will send you far away to the Gentiles.'" Isaiah 49:6 - God says, "It is too small a thing for you to be my servant to restore the tribes of Jacob and bring back those of Israel I have kept. I will also make you a light for the Gentiles, that my salvation may reach to the ends of the earth."
- Believed on in the world - Hebrews 11:3 - By faith we understand that the universe was form by God's command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible. John 12:47 - As for anyone who hears My words and does not keep them, I do not judge him. For I have not come to judge the world, but to save the world.
- Received up into glory - Jesus was raised from the dead and had a glory put upon His risen body. Jesus ascended into heaven in a cloud - Acts 1:9 - Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight.
- Through Jesus we are able to repent and commit ourselves to God.
- Matthew 6:20 - But lay up yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust does corrupt and where thieves do not break through nor steal.
- Acts 20:35 - It is more blessed to give than to receive.
- We should always, in all things, put God first.
- 2 Corinthians 4 - Spiritual Treasures in Clay Pots; Living by Faith
- While Satan is busy remember that God is in control.
- God is forgiveness, mercy, grace and love.
- We Christians must hold on, endure, be steadfast.
- We must hold on to God's unchanging hand. Romans 8:35