Jesus was born in meekness, as one of the human race. This makes him approachable, accessible, and available to us so that we may seek Him for ourselves and not via a third party (minister, priest, etc.)
Psalm 51:10 - Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit form me.
Subject: What Is It About Me?!
- In this new age, most are all about "me."
- The selfie.
- But what about me and how I feel?
- Let's focus on me, people!
- Me definition - a name that I call myself; me, myself and I.
- Our focus should be on bettering ourselves through the Word of God and not on what we can do selfishly.
- We are so much more than ourselves.
- When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visits him? For thou has made him a little lower than the angels, and has crowned him with glory and honor. Thou made him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou has put all things under his feet: Psalm 8:3-6
Brown Chapel enjoyed a great lunch with our neighboring churches, Mr. Pleasant Baptist Church and Shiloh Baptist Church.