Prayer - Part 2
References from the Bible; Kay Arthur; James Banks; Priscilla Shirer; Angela Thomas; Sheila Walsh; Beth Moore; Google
- 1 Thessalonians 5:16-19 - we are to rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances but test them all; hold onto what is good, reject every kind of evil.
- Remember prayer is communicating with God through Jesus Christ.
- God is to be revered; He is on high and will come down one day; God is to be obeyed; His Word is to be partaken of daily; He forgives us and others; If we allow it, we are to keep our thoughts heavenward; and we know that all power is in God's hands.
- 1 Chronicles 29:10-15 - You are the one who is over all things...
- Psalm 8:3-9 - You care for me with underserved kindness....
- Psalm 139:13-18 - Thank you for making me....
- Daniel 2:20-23 - All wisdom and power are yours.....
- Matthew 11:25-26 - Thank you for the simple message of salvation!
- Revelation 11:15, 17 - You will rule forever!
- Psalm 44:5-8 - Only by your power......
- Psalm 142:1-3 - When I am overwhelmed, you alone know the way....
- Philippians 4:6 - Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
- John 15:7 - If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish and it will be done for you.
- Matthew 6:7 - And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard for their many words.
- Colossians 4:2 - Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving.
- Proverbs 15:29 - The Lord is far from the wicked, but He hears the prayers of the righteous.
Romans 8:35-36 - v35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? v36 As it is written: "For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered."
Subject: Nothing Can Separate Us From God!
- For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12
- Does serving God really matter? YES!!!
- "How long, Lord," we sometimes ask. But God's love makes up the differences of our doubts.
- God's love never fails.
- Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
- With your hand you drove out the nations and planted our ancestors; you crushed the peoples and made our ancestors flourish. Psalm 44:2
- We must be grounded and rooted in the Lord.
- Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the Lord Almighty. Zechariah 4:6
- Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. Romans 8:37
- Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen. Ephesians 3:20-21