A Study of Prayer
To understand prayer we must first understand the Will Of God!
References: Bible-Gateway; Google; Kay Arthur; Priscilla Shirer; Angela Thomas; Beth Moore
References of the Will of God:
- Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
- 1 Thessalonians 4:3 It is God's will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality.
- James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.
- Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will direct your path.
- Ephesians 5:15-20 Be very careful, then, how you live-not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is. Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from eh Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
- Micah 6:8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.
- Hebrews 10:36 You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what He has promised.
We, as Christians sometimes tend to sink into turmoil, rejoice in our woos, live in confusion, have doubt about nearly everything, anger to easily, get frustrated by the tiniest thing, linger in heartache, stress over day to day living, etc.
There is always an answer in prayer.
We should always praise God when we pray.
- Nehemiah 9:5-6 You alone are God;
- Psalm 31:7-8 You have set me in a safe place;
- 1 Kings 8: 23 You keep your promises with unfailing love;
- Jeremiah 32:18-19 Nothing is too hard for you;
- Revelation 15:3-4 You are great, marvelous, just and true!;
- Revelation 4:8 Holy, holy, holy is the Lord;
- 2 Corinthians 1:3 You are the source of all comfort.
Psalm 37:1-4 v1 Fret not yourself because of evildoers, neither be envious against those who work unrighteousness. v2 For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. v3 Trust in the Lord and do good; so shall you dwell in the land and feed surely on His faithfulness, and truly you shall be fed. v4 Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He will give you the desires and secret petitions of your heart.
Subject: "Don't Worry About A Thing. Every Little Will Be Alright!"
- Why do the wicked seem to prosper?
- We as Christians need fret not!!
- Be conscience of our walk with the Lord.
- Be pleasing to God.
- We walk by faith not by sight.
- Do good.
- And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart; and lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5
- For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways. Isaish 55:8
- The just shall live by faith. Romans 1:17
- Position yourself to be blessed by God.
- We are the light and salt of the earth.
- But seek you first the kingdom of God and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Matthew 6:33
- Delight in the Lord.
- His will be done.