- Paul recommends Phoebe who was a helper of many.
- Priscilla and Aquilla were recommended who opened their home as a church to many.
- Epaenetus, who was the first-fruits of Achaia to Christ.
- Andronicus and Junia, who Paul considered his kinsmen and fellow prisoners, were well regarded among the apostles.
- There was greeting to the household of Aristobulus but not him because he was possibly not a convert.
- Rufus was "chosen in the Lord."
- Nereus and others were mentioned as beloved, approved in Christ and in the Lord.
- Greet one another with a holy kiss.
Isaish 40:28-31 - v28 Do you not know? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the whole earth. He never grows faint or weary; there is no searching of His understanding. v29 He gives power to the faint and weary, and to him who has no might He increases strength [causing it to multiply and making it to abound]. v30 Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall feebly stumble and fall exhausted; v31 But those who wait for the Lord [who expect, look for and hope in Him] shall change and renew their strength and power; they shall lift their wings and mount up as eagles; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint or become tired.
Subject: Waiting Brings Help for Our God!
- We as Christians are to wait on the Lord.
- We tend to take matters into our own hands which is not a good thing.
- Waiting brings PEACE from God. We need to rest in the Lord.
- Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10
- This peace of God that surpasses all understanding shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7
- Waiting brings STABILITY from God.
- He brought me up also out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. And He has put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it and fear and shall trust in the Lord. Psalm 40:2-4
- Waiting brings SUBMISSION to God.
- My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. Psalm 121:2
- Ask the Lord to increase your strength.