Living to Please Others
- We are to lay ourselves out to please our neighbors for the neighbors' own good. To do this is to edify God.
- Jesus did not please himself, but pleased others. He is our example.
- Self-sacrifice for the good of others.
- May God, who gives this patience and encouragement, help you live in complete harmony with each other; each with the attitude of Christ Jesus toward the other. v 5
- Accept each other just as Christ has accepted you; then God will be glorified.
- Jesus came also, so that the Gentiles might also give glory to God for His mercies to them.
Daniel 3:13-18 - v13 Then Nebuchadnezzar flew into a rage and ordered Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego to be brought before him. When they were brought in, v14 Nebuchadnezzar said to them, "Is it true, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, that you refuse to serve my gods or to worship the gold statue I have set up? v15 I will give you one more chance. If you bow down and worship the statue I have made when you hear the sound of the musical instruments, all will be well. But if you refuse, you will be thrown immediately into the blazing furnace. What god will be able to rescue you from my power then?" v16 Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego replied, "O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you. v17 If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God whom we serve is able to save us. He will rescue us from your power, Your Majesty. v18 But even if he doesn't, Your Majesty can be sure that we will never serve your gods or worship the gold statue you have set up."
Subject: "Are There Lessons to Learn from the Fiery Furnace?"
- We are a persecuted people just as Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego were.
- Notice that the guards who bound the three were immediately consumed by the heat of the furnace before they could throw the three into it.
- Nebuchadnezzar was angry because the three would not bow down to his gods and gold statue.
- God's will, way and Word are the Christian way.
- We are to be totally devoted to God.
- Living for Jesus on earth will cause us to go through trials and tribulations.
- We must work the works of Him who sent me while it is day; night is coming, when no one can work. John 9:4
- Have you been tried in the fire?
- The three were preserved by God in the fire.
- God was already in the fire.
- God keeps His promises.
- All our help comes from God.
- We Christians, have "fire power" - God!!
- Christians will be persecuted by others; Christians are preserved by God's grace; We are to promote the Word of God.
- If I be lifted up, I will draw all men to me. John 12:32