1 Peter 4:1-19 Living for God
- Christ suffered and so shall we. So we need to arm ourselves with the same attitude that Christ had.
- Love everyone always, for love covers a multitude of sins.
- God will judge everyone. We are not to judge.
- We are to glorify God through our suffering.
- v17 - For the time has come for judgment to begin with God's household, and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who disobey the gospel of God?
- v19 - So those who suffer according to God's will should, while doing what is good, entrust themselves to a faithful Creator.
- Note: Sin nature is removed when we become Christians. This does not mean that Christians will not sin once saved, it means that we, as Christians will not want to sin.
Hebrews 12:1-2 - Therefore, since we also have such a large cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us lay aside every weight and the sin that so easily ensnares us. Let us run with endurance the race that lies before us, keeping our eyes on Jesus, the source and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that lay before Him endured a cross and despised the shame and has sat down at the right hand of God's throne.
Subject: "Looking For Jesus in the New Year"
- Revelation 21:5 - Then the One seated on the throne said, "Behold I make all things new. And he also said, "Write, because these words are faithful and true."
- We need to enter the new year filled with a sense of opportunity but know that there are challenges as well.
- We should walk with an acute sense of God surrounding us.
- We must believe that God is God.
- We must spend time with God, having a relationship with Him, developing our faith in Him.
- God is with us in all we do.
- Philippians 4:8 - Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable - if there is any moral excellence and if there is any praise - dwell on these things.
- We need to "look back" on what has happened in our lives. Look back makes us recall what God has done for us. Reflecting and recalling the things we've been through as God guides us, strengthens us.
- Psalm 136:1 - Give thanks to the Lord, for He is Good. His love is eternal.
- We need to "look on the inside" for that is where God looks.
- Psalm 51:6 - Behold, you desire truth int he inner self, and in the hidden You shall make me to know wisdom.
- Take an inventory of yourself. Do you have a right relationship with God? With others?
- Psalm 139:23 - Search me God, and know my heart; test me and know my concerns.
- We should "look to Jesus" for He is the way. Just a closer walk with Thee.
- Psalm 27:4 - I have asked one thing from the Lord, it is what I desire: to dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, gazing on the beauty of the Lord and seeking Him in His temple.
- Luke 10:2 - Therefore said he unto them, "The harvest is truly great, but the laborers are few: pray you therefore the Lord of the harvest that He would send forth laborers into His harvest.
- We should "look forward" - Matthew 11:28-30 - "Come to Me all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. All of you take up My yoke and learn from Me, because I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for yourselves. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."
- Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine.