1 Peter 3:1-22
- Wives, be submissive to your husbands. This submission isn't a reward for the men. No, it is God's commandment as the proper order for the home.
- As Jesus was submissive to His parents - Luke 2:51
- As demons submitted to the disciples - Luke 10:17
- As the church should submit to Jesus - Ephesians 5:24
- As servants should submit to their masters - Titus 2:9 and 1 Peter 2:18
- Husbands are to be understanding, giving honor to their wives. A godly husband strives to not merely share a house but truly live with his wife. He should truly love and cherish her as he does himself.
- They are heirs together.
- Godliness in suffering as Christ did.
- Finally, be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous; not returning evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary blessing, knowing that you were called to this, that you may inherit a blessing.
Philippians 4:10-11 - v10 But I rejoice in the Lord greatly, that now at the last your care of me hath flourished again; wherein you were also careful, but you lacked opportunity. v11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
- Wickedness all around us from the government to the state-house!!
- Competing on television for stardom and money
- Philippians 4:12 - I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.
- We cannot receive contentment from the world but from Christ Jesus.
- Contentment comes from: Knowing that for God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life......John 3:16: God supplies all our needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.....Philippians 4:19: And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose.......Romans 8:28
- And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen His glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.....John 1:14