1 Peter 2:1-25
- We have cast off our old nature.
- We are a new creatures.
- Be without guile, like a child.
- v4/5 - As you come to Him, the living Stone-rejected by humans but chosen by God and precious to Him-you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a hold priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God.
- Our cornerstone is Jesus.
- We are called out of darkness into His marvelous light.
- Conduct yourself righteously.
- We are to be good witnesses.
- v15 - For it is God's will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish people.
Psalm 100:1-5 - v1 Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. v2 Worship the Lord with gladness; come before Him with joyful songs. v3 Know that the Lord is God. It is He who made us, and we are His; we are His people, the ship of His pasture. v4 Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise; give thanks t Him and praise His name. v5 For the Lord is good and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations.
Subject: O' Give Thanks Unto The Lord For He Is Good!
- This is an invitation to enter joyfully into God's presence,. His faithfulness is from our generation and beyond.
- We have truly been blessed by our God.
- What are we thankful for? God waking us up; our health; family; for God's grace and mercy; we are thankful that He gave us Jesus.
- O' give thanks unto the Lord for He is good.
Things that keep us from being thankful......
- Being prideful; being critical; complaining about everything.
Directives to be thankful.......
- Make a joyful noise unto the Lord
- Serve the Lord with gladness
- Come before His presence with thanksgiving
- Know that the Lord is God. It is He that has made us
- Be aware of who you are talking to and how you are speaking to them
- God is the Good Shepard
- Our God is a consuming fire and He is a jealous God
- I was glad when they said unto me, let us go into the house of the Lord........