Encouraging and Shepherding God's People in the Midst of Suffering
- If we believe, we will receive eternal life.
- Pray unceasingly wherever you are.
- Elders are to tend to their flock honorably not grudgingly.
- God sets Himself against the proud but He shows favor to the humble.
- v10 - Now the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ Jesus, will personally restore, establish, strengthen, and support you after you have suffered a little.
- Amen means "So Be It"
Philippians 3:13-14 - Brothers, I do not consider myself to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and reaching forward to what is ahead, I pursue as my goal the prize promised by God's heavenly call in Christ Jesus.
Subject: Pressing Toward The Mark
- We want to be like Jesus.
- We have a goal toward the prize.
- Goals prepare us for the prize that God has for us.
- Meditate day and night.
- Go into the vineyard too, and whatever is right I will give you. Matthew 20:4
- We should have goals throughout our lives.
S = see your goal
U = understand that there are going to be obstacles.
C = create a positive mental picture.
C = crease our minds of self doubt.
E = embrace the challenge.
S = stay on track.
S = show the world that you can do it.
- Set specific goals, have a time frame.
Benefits of Goal-setting.........
- keeps us from wasting time and energy
- produces focus and keeps us from distractions
- simplifies decision making processes
- delivers us from living in the past
- produces persistence and determination
- Prayer can change a situation
- Luke 18:1 - And He spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint.
- Isiah 41:10 - So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.