Monday, October 13, 2014

October 12, 2014 - Homecoming

Sunday School
James 4:1-17
Drawing Close To God

  • We are to obey God
  • We are to be humble to God, for God resists the proud, but gives grace unto the humble.
  • Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.
  • Speak no evil to one another.
  • Do not become boastful in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil.
  • Proverbs 16:18 - Pride goes before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall.


Morning Sermon

  • John 15:5 - I am the vine, you are the branches: He that abides in the Me, and I in him, the same bears much fruit: for apart from Me you can do nothing.
  • We have God's approval when He have us salvation.
  • Be sure that your anchor holds on a solid foundation. (Jesus)
  • 2 Corinthians 12:9-11 - But He said to me, "My grace is enough for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness." So then, I will boast most gladly about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may reside in me. v10 Therefore I am content with weaknesses, with insults, with troubles, with persecutions and difficulties for the sake of Christ, for whenever I am weak, then I am strong. v11 I have become a fool. You yourselves forced me to do it, for I should have been commended by you. For I lack nothing in comparison to those "super-apostles," even though I am nothing.
  • Isaiah 40:29-31 - He gives strength to those who are tired; to the ones who lack power, He gives renewed energy. v30 Even youths get tired and weary' even strong young men clumsily stumble. v31 But those who wait for the Lord's help find renewed strength; they rise up as if they had eagles' wings, they run without growing weary, they walk without getting tired.
  • Surrender your life to Him.
  • Depend on Him in all things because only God has the power to bring all things back to Him.
  • God loves us.
  • Matthew 11:28-30 - Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. v29 Take my yoke on you and learn from Me, because I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. v30 For My yoke is easy to bear, and my load is not hard to carry." 


Homecoming Service

Welcome
Pulpit occupants, homercomers, visitors and Christian friends.
The Brown Chapel Church Family along with Pastor Baggett and his wife welcomes each and every one to our annual homecoming service. It brings great joy to see you once again as we celebrate this homecoming. 
Let us rejoice in our spirits, laugh and fellowship with one another, reflect with fond memories of our loved one who have passed away.
So let us lift our voices in praise to God! 

From Psalm 34:3, “O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together.”

Rev. Clifford Estell McIlveen delivered the Word from 1 Samuel 17:45 & 47; John 14:12 
1 Samuel 17 v45 - Then said Davit to the Philistine, Thou come to me with a sword and with a spear and with a javelin: but I come to you in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. v47 and all assembly will know that it is not by sword or spear that the Lord saves! For the battle is the Lord's and He will deliver you into our hand."
Subject: Facing Our Giant
Sub-text: Don't Forget To Remember

Deuteronomy 28:1 - "If you indeed obey the Lord your God and are careful to observe all His commandments I am giving you today, the Lord your God will elevate you above all the nations of the earth.

Sermon Snippet

Family & Friends





No comments:

Brown Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Church & Cemetery

Our Gospel is:
J-oyful in tone
E-arnest in spirit
S-atisfying to the soul
U-plifting to all
S-ane in its appeal.
Welcome to Brown Chapel A.M.E. Church blog.
We invite you to leave comments whenever you see the "Comments are Welcome" area at the end of each post. You can also email us about information that you, the viewer, might have concerning our church history or just to keep in touch with us. Finally, we also, encourage you to become a "Follower" of our blog! This allows you to be notified when a new post appears.

Videos

Please note: Some of the videos in this blog will appear blackened. This means that the video is only recorded in audio (no picture).

Slide Shows

If you are having trouble viewing each "show," click on the "X" at the right-hand top of each show to get rid of the ads.

Church Family

Veterans