Seek ye first the kingdom of God Matthew 6:33; Luke 12:31
Lay up treasures in heaven Matthew 6:19-21
Be steadfast, abounding in the work of the Lord.
The heart of the person is saved (the spirit man)
The mind is continually renewed everyday.
Jesus made us righteous through His crucifixion and rising.
Mark 14:32-34 - v32 And they came to a place which was named Gethsemane: and He said to His disciples, "Sit here, while I shall pray." v33 And He took with Him Peter, James and John and began to be deeply distressed and horrified. v34 Then He said to them, "My soul is swallowed up in sorrow, to the point of death. Remain here and stay awake."
- Jesus had His disciples with Him: Peter, James and John. These were His inner circle.
- Jesus is troubled, overwhelmed and sorrowful. Jesus in His humanity had taken on our personages so that He could understand our struggles and sins.
- Geth in Hebrew means "to press"
- Gethsemane was not a garden but an olive orchard and had an olive press.
- Jesus went there to pray.
- Jesus would leave Gethsemane to go to the cross....pressed down with our sins.
1. Who do we turn to?
Psalms 77:7-10 Will the Lord cast off forever? and will He be favorable no more? Is His mercy clean gone forever? does His promise fail forevermore? Has God forgotten to be gracious? has He in anger shut up His tender mercies? Selah. And I said, "This is my infirmity; but I will remember the years of the right hand of the most High.
Our Savior will always be with us.
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that we set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2
2. What are we to do?
We are to pray and not faint. Prayer prepares our souls for anything. Prayer helps us cope with hardships and guides us away from temptations.
3. Where do we go from here?
I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills from which comes my help. Psalms 121:1