Monday, February 24, 2014

February 23, 2014

Sunday School
Titus 3:1-15

  • Do What is right
  • Be obedient to government & its officers
  • Avoid quarreling
  • If anyone is causing divisions among you, give a first and second warning. After that, have nothing more to do with that person.
  • Have humility
  • Enjoy life without complaining
  • God declared us not guilty because of His great kindness.  And now we know that we will inherit eternal life.

Sermon
1 Corinthians 13:1-3
v1 If I could speak in any language in heaven or on earth but didn't love others, I would only be making meaningless noise like a loud gong or a clanging cymbal. v2 If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I knew all the mysteries of the future and knew everything about everything, but didn't love others, what good would I be? And if I had the gift of faith so that I could speak to a mountain and make it move, without love I would be no good to anybody.  v3 If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it, but if I didn't love others, I would be of no value whatsoever.

Topic: "More Excellent Way"

  • Love is the foundation from which we deal with every situation.
  • If you don't have love it profits you nothing.
  • Be of a compassionate nature
  • Practice love in our everyday lives.
  • John 13:34 - "I give you a new command: Love one another. Just as I have loved you, you must also love one another."
  • This is not a suggestion but a command!
  • You can love a person in Christ Jesus.
  • Philippians 2:4 - Everyone should look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.
  • Be a light to a dark world, be salt to a tasteless people.
  • We should share our love.
  • Love covers a multitude of faults.
  • Stay focused on what God wants us to do.
  • John 13:35 - By this shall all men that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.
  • We should be "caught up" in love and compassion.
  • Overcome evil with good says Paul.
  • People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care.
 

No comments:

Brown Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Church & Cemetery

Our Gospel is:
J-oyful in tone
E-arnest in spirit
S-atisfying to the soul
U-plifting to all
S-ane in its appeal.
Welcome to Brown Chapel A.M.E. Church blog.
We invite you to leave comments whenever you see the "Comments are Welcome" area at the end of each post. You can also email us about information that you, the viewer, might have concerning our church history or just to keep in touch with us. Finally, we also, encourage you to become a "Follower" of our blog! This allows you to be notified when a new post appears.

Videos

Please note: Some of the videos in this blog will appear blackened. This means that the video is only recorded in audio (no picture).

Slide Shows

If you are having trouble viewing each "show," click on the "X" at the right-hand top of each show to get rid of the ads.

Church Family

Veterans