Integrity - firm adherence to a code of especially moral values; unimpaired; quality of completeness.
Dignity - the quality or state of being worthy, honored or esteemed; reserve or seriousness of manner, appearance or language.
- Titus was to set a firm foundation for the Church.
- For the grace of God has appeared with salvation for all people, instructing us to the intent that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly and righteously and godly in this present would; looking for the blessed hope and appearing of the glory of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ; who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all iniquity and purify unto Himself a people for His own possession, zealous of good works.
- Elders to teach the young folks.
- Older men who are temperate, grave, sober-minded, sound in faith, in love and patient. Be teachers to the young men, that which is good.
- Older women who are reverent in demeanor, not slanderers or enslaved to much wine, teach and train the young wives.
- These things speak and exhort and reprove with all authority. Let no man despise thee.
- We need to hear and obey the Word of God!
Note: Song of Solomon 2:15 Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vineyard; for our vineyards are in blossom. See John Gill's Exposition at http://biblestudytools.com
Hosea 4:6 - My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge. "Because you have rejected knowledge, I also reject you as my priests; because you have ignored the law of your God, I also will ignore your children.
v2 And if I have the gift of prophecy and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
v3 And if I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and if I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.
We should exercise ourselves in love.
Love is the foundation.
Love builds us up.
Romans 12:18 - If it be possible, as much as in you lie, be at peace with all men.
Ephesians 4:2 - With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love.
Hebrews 12:14 -Follow after peace with all men, and the sanctification without no man shall see the Lord.
Not everybody is easy to love but all things are possible if we believe in Jesus.
Paul is showing us a more excellent way by loving one another.
Love is more important than..............
- Spiritual gifts
- Our own accomplishments
Galatians 5:6 - For Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision accomplishes anything; what matters is faith working through love.