- Do not be disrespectful of your employers. Give them your full attention and work as you were employed to do. This is the Christian way.
- Those who are most proud, tend to know the least. They don't even know themselves.
- Everything we need, God has already provided.
- Godliness with contentment is great gain.
- Be mindful at all times of personal gains. Do not make it your idol.
- For the love of money is "a" root of all kinds of evil.
- Like Christ Jesus, who testified before Pontius Pilate, gave a good confession, we, too, should follow His example.
- Oh men of God flee from evil things.
- Fight the good fight of faith.
- Pursue a godly life; faith, love perseverance and gentleness.
v2 By the seventh day God had finished the work He had been doing; so on the seventh day He rested from all His work.
v3 Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it He rested from all the work of creating that He had done.
v31 Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, He said to them, "Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest."
- Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest and worship.
- We have lost our regard for the Sabbath (Sunday)
- Sundays are set aside to worship and rest for the Christian.
- A restless heart usually leads to a reckless life.
- We should be more mature and rested instead of the young and the restless.
- Take time to meditate
- Even Jesus stepped away to rest
- God rested from all His work
v13 "Say to the Israelites, 'You must observe my Sabbaths. This will be a sign between Me and you for the generations to come, so you may know that I am the Lord, who makes you holy.'"
v14 "'Observe the Sabbath, because it is holy to you. Anyone who desecrates it is to be put to death; those who do any work on that day must be cut off from their people.'
The Sabbath is important to us......
To remember what God has done
v28 Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
v29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
v30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
v28 Do you not know/ Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and His understanding no one can fathom.
v29 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
v30 Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall;
v31 but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faith.