- Treatment of elders should be with respect and view as your father or mother.
- Treat youthful adults as your brother or sister and with respect.
- To widows who have children, the children are to take care of her.
- If the widow has no one and is worth, give her work in the church so that she may impart her knowledge to others . (Reference: Luke 2:36-37 - There was also a prophet, Anna, the daughter of Penuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was very old; she lived with her husband seven years after her marriage, and then was widow until she was eight-four. She never left the temple but worshiped night and day, fasting and praying.
- If she is a young widow, marriage is suggested and the raising of a family and home.
- Paul tells Timothy just what needs to be said and done so there are no problems to arise.
Note: Words have power.
Romans 10:9 Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
Our belief in that verse is powerful therefore when we speak unkindly, with malice or hatred, those words cut, harm and can savage a person. And, God is not pleased.
v1 As He went along, He saw a man blind from birth. v2 His disciples asked Him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?" v3 "Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the words of God might be displayed in him. v4 As long as it is day, we must do the works of Him who sent Me. Night is coming, when no one can work. v5 While I am in the world, I am the light of the world." v6 After saying this, He spit on the ground, made some mud with the saliva, and put it on the man's eyes. v7 "Go," He told him, "wash in the Pool of Siloam" this word means "Sent"). So the man went and washed, and came home seeing.
- John wanted everyone to know about the deity of Jesus.
- He did miracles where no man could have performed them.
- Mark 6:34 - When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, He had compassion on them, because they were like sheep without a shepherd. So He began teaching many things.
- Manifestations of God's power are shown throughout the bible.....making the blind man to see, the man with leprosy, clean.
- Mark 1:40-42 - A man with leprosy came to Him and begged Him on his knees, "If You are willing You can make me clean." Jesus was indignant. He reached out His hand and touch the man. "I am willing, He said. "Be clean!" Immediately the leprosy left Him and he was cleansed.
- The power of God lies in His compassion. For He so loved the world that He gave His only Son...
- Jesus has the power to make helplessness into hopefulness.
- With God, all things are possible - Matthew 19:26 - But Jesus beheld them and said unto them, "With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible."
- We must obey as the blind man did when Jesus told him to go and wash....for obedience is better than sacrifice. (1 Samuel 15:22 - But Samuel replied, "What is more pleasing to the Lord; your burnt offerings and sacrifices or your obedience to His voice? Listen! Obedience is better than sacrifice, and submission is better than offering the fat of rams.
to the woman at the well JESUS was passing by!
to the beggar
In our lives today when things are unclear, challenging, depressing, load bearing, mournful.......
JESUS is passing by!
Philippians 4:6 - Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.