- Paul's blessings at the beginning of the chapter are the best any Christian can ask for their loved ones, family and friends. "May you have peace with God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord."
- Whatever good we do, to God be the glory.
- Our faith is unfeigned. It will stand the trial and it dwells in us as a living testimony and principle.
- God hasn't given us the spirit of fear but of power, of courage and resolution to meet difficult and dangerous situations.
- The spirit of love to Him will carry us through opposition and the spirit of a sound mind, a quietness of mind gives us peace.
- The Holy Spirit is not timid or cowardly or a slave to fear. We are likely to bear afflictions well when we have strength and power from God that enables us to bear them with faith in Him.
- We must hold fast to the Holy Scriptures which are the substance of solid gospel. It isn't enough to agree to the sound words but we must love and obey them as well.
- v18 - Christians will want mercy in that day and so the best thing we can seek, either for ourselves or friends is that the Lord will grant to them that they may find mercy of the Lord in that day when they must pass out of time into eternity.
- Psalm 130:3-4 If thou, Jehovah, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand? But there is forgiveness with You, that You may be feared.
- The Good News is....... God loves us. He chose us and sent Christ to die for us. We have eternal life through faith in Him because Jesus broke the power of death with His resurrection.
- Let your gentleness be known to all.
- Be anxious for nothing.
- Be ye thankful.
A man was fortunate enough to inherit a nice some of money ($10,000) from his mother's estate. He told is friend about it but was not very happy. The friend did not understand why the man wasn't happy with the inheritance. "You don't understand," the man said, "I received, the next week, from a long lost cousin, his estate worth $150,000," he explained while rubbing his head in frustration.
His friend was even more perplexed by the discord of his friend and tried to comfort him. "Man, I so sorry to hear about the deaths in your family but surely the inheritance helps.
"Oh, that's not all! Just the other month, my great-great grandmother passed away and left me a quarter of a million dollars," he stated and seemed to shake with confusion.
"Why, this is good isn't it?" He friend asked tentatively.
"No, because I received nothing this week!"
The moral of this story....... Be thankful for what you have and what you have left. Enjoy family, friends, your community, nature and the world around you.
- We live in a society of entitlement but it is about nothing of importance.
- We are blessed but complacent.
- The Bible says, "In all things give thanks." 1 Thessalonians 5:18
- Do not postpone happiness for if you cannot be happy now, you won't be happy later.
- Our relationship with Christ is our contentment.
- Jesus is the center of our joy!
- We must choose to have joy and should reflect on the wonderful things God has done for us.
- Jahovah Jireh = Our Provider
- Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4
- Thanksgiving is a celebration of our faith.
- Worry = strangulation of our peace of mind.
- Submit to the Lord to renew a right spirit.
- Be aware of God's presence in our lives.
- Be joyful alone or in the company of others.
- The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I (Jesus) came that we may have life and have it abundantly. John 10:10
- Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable -- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy -- thing about those things. Philippians 4:8
- And be not conformed to this world: but be you transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may be able to determine what God's will is -- what is proper, pleasing and perfect. Romans 12:2