What Christians Should Do - Living The New Life
- Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven where Christ sits in that place.
- Set your mind on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. For you "have died"(Romans 6:2 & Ephesians 2:1) and your life is "hidden" with Christ in God.
- The gospel does in no way and by no word, directly or indirectly spoken, encourage uncertainty or give us leave to be anxious.
- We have the whole armor of God (Ephesians 6:10-18)
- Mercy is what you get when you don't deserve it.
- Grace is God's unmerited favor and is manifested in salvation.
- Forgive and God forgave us.
- We must praise the Lord through Jesus.
(24) Then Jesus said to the disciples, "If any of you wants to be my follower, you must put aside your selfish ambition, shoulder your cross and follow me. (25) If you try to keep your life for yourself, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for me, you will find true life. (26) And how do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul in the process? Is anything worth more than your soul?
Topic: Christians Service & Acts of Kindness
- We must serve mankind
- Act means to take action
- Don't get caught up in meetings but instead "act"
- Be doers of the Word
- Give God praise through our service
- Witness to people just by body language can make a difference
- Offer a smile, it will brighten someone's day
- Use whatever gift you have to serve others (1 Peter 4:10 - God has given gifts to each of you from His great variety of spiritual gifts. Manage them well so that God's generosity can flow through you.)
- We need to sacrifice ourselves for others.
- Worship Him in spirit and in truth
- Praise the Lord with all your heart
- He is worthy.
- Pride is an element of Satan arrogance; haughtiness, vanity, conceit, boastfulness are synonyms that describe prideful behavior.
- Matthew 19:14 - But Jesus said, "Suffer little children and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
- Service unto God liberates us.
- Go and work in the vineyard and I will pay you whatever is right - Matthew 20:4
- Christ is the great Liberator
- In pride there is no blessing.
- Service demands an account
- Revelation 22:12 "Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with Me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done."
- We must serve while we can and serve with gladness.
- Be thankful unto God.
- Psalm 47:1 - Oh clap your hands, all ye people; shout unto God with the voice of triumph.
A little humor
Water= baptism Rice= marriage Dirt= death
MBA - Mop Bucket Attitude