Masters, supply your slaves with what is right and fair, since you know that you too have a Master in heaven.
- Paul speaks about devoting oneself to prayer, staying alert.
- Act wisely toward outsiders.
- Our words should always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how we should answer each person.
- Paul, also paves the way or announces Tychicus, Onesimus, Aristarchus, Justus who would be bringing his letters and teachings to the churches and people.
- Our ministry of spreading the "Good News" is important and must endure.
- We must build up one another not tear down.
- Paul sent word to the people of Colossian to encourage Archippus.
- Paul concludes - V 18 - This greeting is in my own hand - Paul. Remember my imprisonment. Grace be with you.
(22) But be doers of the Word and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. (23) Because if anyone is a hearer of the Word and not a doer, he is like a man looking at his won face in a mirror. (24) For he looks at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what kind of man he was.
(25) But the one who looks intently into the perfect law of freedom and perseveres in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but one who does [good] works - this person will be blessed in what he does.
James talks about just listening to worship service, a man thinks he is doing Christian work. But just listening is not all. We must be doers of what we have heard.
As we look into the mirror, is it a dark image (King James - 1 Corinthians 13:12 - For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face; now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
What kind of mirror do you look into?
A small mirror where you only see a little something here and there or do you ignore the mirror, which God does not.
- You think you are hiding things well but others see you clearly.
- You become too comfortable and do not wish to step outside your comfort zone.
- You become short sighted.
- You become a proxy and not a participators.
- You should ask ourselves what you can do to improve.
- You think you are better than others.
- Title and position is your everything but will become your downfall.
- You think more highly of yourself than you should.
- You think the church cannot function without you.
- You have very low self-esteem
We need to look into the perfect mirror which is Jesus Christ.
Be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind.