Sunday, February 4, 2024

February 4, 2024

 Welcome from Brown Chapel/Avant, Mt. Pleasant & Shiloh

Prayer: Pastor Baggett

Scripture: Psalm 27 - 1 The LORD is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid?

2 When the wicked advance against me to devour me, it is my enemies and my foes who will stumble and fall.
3 Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then I will be confident.
4 One thing I ask from the LORD, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
5 For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent and set me high upon a rock.
6 Then my head will be exalted above the enemies who surround me; at his sacred tent I will sacrifice with shouts of joy; I will sing and make music to the LORD.
7 Hear my voice when I call, LORD; be merciful to me and answer me.
8 My heart says of you, “Seek his face!” Your face, LORD, I will seek.
9 Do not hide your face from me, do not turn your servant away in anger; you have been my helper. Do not reject me or forsake me, God my Savior.
10 Though my father and mother forsake me, the LORD will receive me.
11 Teach me your way, LORD; lead me in a straight path because of my oppressors.
12 Do not turn me over to the desire of my foes, for false witnesses rise up against me, spouting malicious accusations.
13 I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
14 Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.

Subject: Seeking The Face of God

  • David declares that God is his life and salvation.
  • David was a man after God's own heart.
  • Jesus was God in the flesh.
  • We need to spend time in the Word of God.
  • In other words, we need to always have a relationship with God.
  • 2 Timothy 2:15 - Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 
  • God's house is a place of acceptance.
  • What's great about dwelling with God? Study and learn from God; We must worship God in spirit and in truth; & Pray always.
  • Come unto me all ye that labor and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn of me, for I am meek and lowly in heart: and you shall find rest unto your souls. Matthew 11:28-29
  • Whatever our troubles, we must take our burdens to God and leave them there.
  • 1 Samuel 15:22 - Obedience is better than sacrifice.


February Birthdays
Marina J.

Roll Call:

Pastor Baggett

Rev. I. Pelton

Debra W.

Thelma W.

Ginger R.

Willie & Bonnie T.

Evelyn H.

Violet W.

Clark M.

Eddie & Marina J.

Earl & DorsieLynn J.

Rhonda L.

Closing Prayer: Pastor Baggett

                                                                      Closing Song
                                                                    Goodness of God


No comments:

Brown Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Church & Cemetery

Our Gospel is:
J-oyful in tone
E-arnest in spirit
S-atisfying to the soul
U-plifting to all
S-ane in its appeal.
Welcome to Brown Chapel A.M.E. Church blog.
We invite you to leave comments whenever you see the "Comments are Welcome" area at the end of each post. You can also email us about information that you, the viewer, might have concerning our church history or just to keep in touch with us. Finally, we also, encourage you to become a "Follower" of our blog! This allows you to be notified when a new post appears.

Videos

Please note: Some of the videos in this blog will appear blackened. This means that the video is only recorded in audio (no picture).

Slide Shows

If you are having trouble viewing each "show," click on the "X" at the right-hand top of each show to get rid of the ads.

Church Family

Veterans