Wednesday, July 31, 2019

July 28, 2019

Sunday School
God's Grace - Part 3 Conclusion


Examples of God’s Grace

Before God created mankind, He knew of our need to be rescued from sin.

John 1:17 – “For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.”

2 Timothy 1:9 – “He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of His own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time.”

Genesis 6:8 – “But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.”  (Wickedness & evil were so rampart in the hearts of men that God had actually regretted creating them.) That’s grace!

Genesis 12:3 – “And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.” (God showed His grace to Abraham and Sarah even though they did not believe that God would give them a child.) That’s grace!

Genesis 50:20 – “You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good.” (After all his brothers did, God placed Joseph in a position as a savior of his people.) That’s grace!

Exodus 4:13 – “But Moses said, ‘Pardon your servant, Lord. Please send someone else.’” (Moses was arrogant, stubborn & doubtful but God guided him to become a shepherd to lead his people out of captivity) That’s grace!

Judges 10:16 – “And He could bear Israel’s misery no longer.” (Even after the countless times the Israelites grumbles against God, worshiped idol gods, turned away from God, etc. God showed more grace than was deserved them over and over and over.) That grace!

Joshua 2:11 – “The Lord your God is God in heaven above and on the earth below.” (Rahab ‘the harlot,’ asked God to save her in spite of her past and He did.) That’s grace!

Psalm 51:1 – “Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. (David lusted, stole, fornicated, lied and killed—yet God saw into his heart and loved him.) That’s grace!

Footnote about the “law”- Romans 3:20 – Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God’s sight by the works of the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin.


Sermon
1 Corinthians 9:24-27 - Do you not know that all the runners in a stadium compete, but only one receives the prize? So run to win.  Each competitor must exercise self-control in everything. They do it to receive a perishable crown, but we an imperishable one.  So I do not run uncertainly or box like one who hits only air. Instead I subdue my body and make it my slave, so that after preaching to others I myself will not be disqualified.
Subject: Finish The Race

  • Race is a contest of speed; the course of life; the act of running.
  • We are targets as Christians.
  • We should always continue to press towards the mark of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:14
  • While in the flesh, we run this race for men, but God is the final judge.
  • Corruptible is man seeking a perishable crown.
  • Discipline your body for the race to that eternal crown.
  • Psalms 40:1-3 - I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along. He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see what He has done and be amazed. They will put their trust in the Lord.
  • And in the end, from 2 Timothy 4:7-8 - I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:  Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love His appearing. 


 

No comments:

Brown Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Church & Cemetery

Our Gospel is:
J-oyful in tone
E-arnest in spirit
S-atisfying to the soul
U-plifting to all
S-ane in its appeal.
Welcome to Brown Chapel A.M.E. Church blog.
We invite you to leave comments whenever you see the "Comments are Welcome" area at the end of each post. You can also email us about information that you, the viewer, might have concerning our church history or just to keep in touch with us. Finally, we also, encourage you to become a "Follower" of our blog! This allows you to be notified when a new post appears.

Videos

Please note: Some of the videos in this blog will appear blackened. This means that the video is only recorded in audio (no picture).

Slide Shows

If you are having trouble viewing each "show," click on the "X" at the right-hand top of each show to get rid of the ads.

Church Family

Veterans