Ref. from Blue Letter Bible (David Guzik)
- Faith Is the Key!!
- Justification - an acceptable reason for doing something.
- Paul asked the question, "Does the idea of justification through faith, apart from works of the law, make what God idd in the Old Testament irrelevant?"
- The Old Testament doesn't say Abraham was declared righteous because of his works but says, Abraham believed God and it was accounted to him for righteousness. Genesis 15:6
- Our justification is not God making us perfectly righteous but counting us as perfectly righteous.
- A distinction is made between grace and works - Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt. But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness. Romans 4:4-5
- Grace has to do with receiving the freely given gift of God and works has to do with earning the merit before God.
- We aren't justified because of our ungodliness but despite our ungodliness.
- David said, "Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven and whose sins are covered; blessed is the man to whom the Lord shall not impute sin."
- God placed on us the righteousness of Jesus and not on what we can do for God.
- God's promise is grounded in FAITH!
- We are not saved by faith but by God's grace and grace is then appropriated by faith.
Psalm 118:24 - This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it.
- Celebrating God's grace, goodness and mercy is the key.
- There is victory in God.
- God has given us this day to live and to serve Him. Be glad in it.
- Obedience in God is better than sacrifice.
- Everything God created was good.
- God's love is unchanging in the midst of changing situations.
- We need press toward the high mark.
- God's grace and mercy are new every morning.
- Do not worry about tomorrow.
- Behold, today is the day of salvation.
- We must work while it is day.
- We have a span of time to spread the Good News!!
- David praised God for - 1: God had been good to him; 2: God's council to him; 3: God saved him from his enemies; 4: God forgave David's sins
- "Go and celebrate with a feast of choice foods and sweet drinks, and share gifts of food with people who have nothing prepared. This is a sacred day before our Lord. Don't be dejected and sad, for the joy of the Lord is your strength!" Nehemiah 8:10