(References: Google, Blue Letter Bible)
- The Lame Man Healed - Peter and John are about to enter into the temple by the gate named "Beautiful" for the hour of prayer, the ninth hour. A crippled beggar is there asking alms (money, clothing, food).
- Peter fixes his eyes on the beggar along with John and says, "Look at us."
- Peter wants the beggar' full attention, and when he has it, Peter says, "Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk."
- Then Peter took the beggar by his right hand and lifted him up and immediately the beggar' feet and ankle bones were strengthened.
- The beggar leaped up, stood and walked. He entered the temple with Peter and John, walking , leaping and praising God.
- All the people saw him waling and praising God. They remembered that he was the beggar who had sat at the Beautiful gate begging alms. The people were filled with amazement.
- Peter was led by the Holy Spirit.
- All the people ran toward Peter, John and the beggar who were on the porch which is called Solomon's. When Peter saw that, he spoke to the crowd, "Men of Israel, why do you marvel at this? Or why look so intently at us, as though by our power or godiness we have made this man walk?"
- Peter preaches Jesus to the crowd. Again, the Holy Spirit is leading him.
- Peter calls to the crowd to repent.
John 13:12-17 - v12 So after he had washed their feet, and had taken his garments, and was set down again, he said unto them, "Know ye what I have done to you? v13 Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am. v14 If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet. v15 For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you."
Topic: "How To Be Happy in the New Year"
Humility is the example of washing the feet of the disciples.
Happy In Jesus
Believe - that God is!
- Faith in God and His power
- God has all power and He has rest for the weary.
- Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not be terrified or dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9
- God Our Protector - Whoever goes to the Lord for safety, whoever remains under the protection of the Almighty, can say to Him, "You are my defender." Psalm 91
- And my God will supply all you needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19
Beware - be careful, be forewarned
- Because of sin we must to ever watchful and discerning.
- Ask for spiritual guidance from the Holy Spirit
- Be careful of boasting
- Be sober, be vigilant, because your adversary the devil walks about as a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8
Behave - live a godly life.
- Thus let your light shine before men, so that they may see your good works and they should glorify your Father in the heavens. Matthew 5:16
- But be doers of the word and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. James 1:22
- Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning. Psalm 30:5