1 John 3:1-24
- We are to love one another
- We are called the children of God. That's how much He loves us.
- Loves hides a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8
- There is a difference between committing a sin and continuing to sin. Even the most faithful believers commit sin but they do not cherish a particular sin and choose to commit it. A believer who commits a sin confesses and is forgiven.
- We are to believe in God and obey in this age of "grace."
- Dear friends, if we deliberately continue sinning after we have received a full knowledge of the truth, there is no other sacrifice that will cover these sins. There will be nothing to look forward to but the terrible expectation of God's judgment and the raging fire that will consume His enemies. Hebrews 10:26-27
- God's nature abides in us.
- Pride goes before destruction and haughtiness before a fall. Proverbs 16:18
- Jesus took away sin's hold over us.
- A person who has no love is still dead. 1 John 3:14
- Anyone who hates another Christian is really a murderer at heart. 1 John 3:15
- Our tongues can be deadly.
- Those who obey God's commandments live in fellowship with Him, and He with them. And we know He lives in us because the Holy Spirit lives in us. 1 John 3:24
v1 But very early on Sunday morning the women came to the tomb, taking the spices they had prepared. v2 They found that the stone covering the entrance had been rolled aside. v3 So they went in, but they couldn't find the body of the Lord, Jesus. v4 They were puzzled, trying to think what could have happened to it. Suddenly, two men appeared to them, clothed in dazzling robes. v5 The women were terrified and bowed low before them. Then the men asked, "Why are you looking in a tomb for someone who is alive?
"Why Seek the Living Among the Dead"
Subject: "His Truth Is Moving On"
- Jesus told them (His disciples) that He would arise in three days but they didn't understand this.
- Everything God made was good until the serpent.
- God had a plan for us even before Adam and Eve sinned.
- God's truth is marching on. His truth will set us free.
- Jesus is the truth, the way and the life. John 14:6
- We must transition because change is going to come.
- Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things are passed away. 2 Corinthians 5:17
- Speak the word of God.
- Immediately Jesus made the disciples get into the boat and go on ahead of Him to the other side, while He dismissed the crowd. After He had dismissed them, He went up on a mountainside by Himself to pray. Later that night, He was there alone, and the boat was already a considerable distance from land, buffeted by the waves because the wind was against it. Shortly before dawn Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake. When the disciples saw Him walking on the lake, they were terrified. "It's a ghost," they said, and cried out in fear. But Jesus immediately said to them; "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid." Matthew 14:22-27
- Call those things which are not as though they were. Romans 4:17
- God is faithful to and just. 1 John 1:19
- David shouted in reply, "You come to me with sword, spear and javelin, but I come to you in the name of the Lord Almighty-the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. 1 Samuel 17:45
- Speak God's word.
- Trust that God is able.
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5
- But Samuel replied, "Does the Lord delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the Lord? To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams. 1 Samuel 15:22
- Furious with rage, Nebuchadnezzar summoned Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego. So these men were brought before the kind, and Nebuchadnezzar said to them, "Is it true, that you do not serve my gods or worship the image of gold I have set up? Now when you hear the sound of the horn, flute, zither, lyre, harp, pipe and all kinds of music, if you are ready to fall down and worship the image I made, very good. But if you do not worship it, you will be thrown immediately into a blazing furnace. Then what god will be able to rescue you from my hand?" Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego replied to him, "King Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to deliver us from it, and He will deliver us from Your Majesty's hand. But even if He does not, we want you to know, Your Majesty, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up." Then Nebuchadnezzar was furious with them and his attitude toward them changed. He ordered the furnace heated seven times hotter than usual and commanded some of the strongest soldiers in his army to tie up Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego and throw them into the blazing furnace. So these men, wearing their robes, trousers, turbans and other clothes, were bound and thrown into the blazing furnace. The king's command was so urgent and the furnace so hot that the flames of the firwe killed the soldiers who took up Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, and these men, firmly tied, fell into the blazing furnace. Then King Nebuchadnezzar leaped to his feet in amazement and asked his advisers, "Weren't there three men that we tied up and threw into the fire?" They replied, "Certainly, Your Majesty." He said, "Look! I see four men walking around in the fire, unbound and unharmed, and the fourth looks like a son of the gods." Nebuchadnezzar then approached the opening of the blazing furnace and shouted, "Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, servants of the Most High God, come out! Come here!" Daniel 3:13-26
- Go - Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19
- At the name of Jesus every knee shall bow, of those in heaven and of those on earth and under the earth and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:10-11