1 John 4:1-21
"Discerning False Prophets"
- Do not believe everyone who claims to speak by the Spirit.
- We must try the Spirit by the Spirit.
- 1 Corinthians 14:29 - And let the prophets speak by two or three, and let the others discern.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:20-21 - despise not prophesyings; prove all things; hold fast that which is good
- 2 Peter 1:20-21 - knowing this first, that no prophecy of scripture is of private interpretation. For no prophecy ever came by the will of man: but men spake from God, being moved by the Holy Spirit.
- Satan, the Antichrist, the Imitator
- Love one another as God loves His only Son.
- v4 - But you belong to God my dear children. You have already won your fight with these false prophets, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world.
2 Corinthians 10:3-5 - For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh (for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but mighty before God to the casting down of strongholds), casting down imaginations, and every high thing that is exalted against the knowledge of God, and bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ.
Subject: "Living In The Land of Giants"
- Some things appear to be larger than we can handle.
- Are there giants in the land of your life?
- We have a spiritual warfare going on.
- Giants occur through sin.
- We live in a fallen world simply because of Genesis 3.
- Spiritual wars go on within each person.
- "Offensive" warfare is our stance in the now.
- By faith the walls of Jericho fell down, after they were compassed about seven days. Hebrews 11:30
- Go into the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believes and is baptized shall be saved but he that believes not shall be damned. Mark 16:15-16
- Come unto me, all you that labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28
- David said to the Philistine: "You come against me with a dagger, spear and sword, but I come against you in the name of the God of Hosts, the God of Israel's armies - you defied Him." 1 Samuel 17:45
- Against strongholds, we have the Whole Armor of God.
- Our power come from God alone.
- If God be for us, who can be against us. Romans 8:31
- No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. Romans 8:37
- Strongholds can be devastating in ones life.
- Don't allow Satan to get a "foothold in your life, for it may become a stronghold.
- "Not by might nor by power but by My Spirit," said the Lord of Hosts. Zechariah 4:5
- Lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6
- Lustful thoughts, greed, love of money, envy, etc. are just some of the strongholds that can happen in our lives.
- Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain. 1 Corinthians 15:58