- Faith is believing the Word of God.
- Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
- Jealousy can destroy faith
- Enoch/Elijah/Jesus = God took up to be with Him
- We are saved by grace through faith.
- Our righteousness is but a filthy rag
- We need a firm foundation
- Abraham = the father of man
It was summer, but it was fall I wanted, the colorful leaves and the cool, dry air.
It was fall, but it was winter I wanted, the beautiful snow and the joy of the holiday season.
It was winter, but it was spring I wanted, the warmth and the blossoming of nature.
I was a child, but it was adulthood I wanted, the freedom and respect.
I was 20, but it was 30 I wanted, to be mature and sophisticated.
I was middle-aged, but it was 20 I wanted, the youth and the free spirit.
I was retired, but it was middle-age I wanted, the presence of mind without limitations.
My life was over and I never got what I wanted.
- Philippians 4:11-12 – v11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. v12 I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: everywhere and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.
- We are the sheep of the pasture.
- We have the good shepherd to watch over us.
- Luke 15:4 - What man of you, having a hundred sheep, and having lost one of them, does not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness and go after that which is lost, until he finds it?
- We are like sheep. God cares and will find us.
- Sheep cannot make it without their shepherd....and so it is with Christians.
- If we are too busy in life with things, we miss that still, small voice. As Christians, we must take the time and be still.
- They are full
- They are secure
- They are content
- Be filled with the Word of God and His Spirit
- Be secure in the Word of the Lord
- And if we are filled with the Word and secure in it then we are content.
- God has prepared a place for us
- 1 Corinthians 10:12-13 - v12 So, you think you are standing firm be careful that you don't fall! v13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.
- John 14:18 - I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.
- If we trust in God, we have no worries because God has worked out everything for us. If we only but TRUST in Him.