Hebrews reveals Jesus' true identity as God. Jesus is the ultimate authority. He is greater than any religion or any angel.
- We are to only believe and obey God to gain our resting place.
- God's words converts, convicts and comforts.
- Draw near to God in your heart with reverence.
- Melchizedek was the first high priest but Jesus is the most High Priest. Our sacrifice to sin which set us free.
- Christ was always morally perfect. By obeying, He demonstrated His perfection to us, not to God or to Himself.
- As Christians, we must learn discernment.
- As mature Christians, we are to teach others in the Word of God.
- Do not become a "dull" Christian.
v14 When I think of the wisdom and scope of God's plan, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, v15 I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will give you mighty inner strength through Hid Holy Spirit. v17 And I pray that Christ will be more and more at home in your hearts as you trust in Him. May your roots go down deep into the soil of God's marvelous love.
Subject: "The Dynamics of God's Love"
From Matthew 21:12-13 - Jesus entered the Temple and began to drive out the merchants and their customers. He knocked over the tables of the money changers and the stalls of those selling doves. He said, "The Scriptures declare, 'My Temple will be called a place of prayer,' but you have turned it into a den of thieves!"
God's Love is pure and holy.
God is the source of His Word
In the beginning there was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1
- The source is God's love - All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching rebuking correcting and training in righteousness so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16
- The power is God's love - But the fruits of the Holy Spirit are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Galatians 5:22-23
- The course of God's love - For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16; Greater love has no man that this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13