- We have things to do in Christ, to have an abundant life.
- Eternal life is promised to us if we believe in Christ, however.
- Stop going over the basics of Christianity again and again. Instead go on to become mature in our understanding.
- God swore on Himself because He is the greatest power.
- We can hold onto God's promise with confidence. Hebrews 6:19 - This confidence is like a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain of heaven into God's inner sanctuary.
- Salem was an ancient name for the city of Jerusalem.
- Habankkuk 2:4 - Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him; but the just shall live by faith.
- Romans talks about "the just" .....those who have been accepted as righteous in Jesus the Christ.
- Ephesians talks about "shall live" .....which talks about the life of a justified person, who walks in the Spirit.
- Hewbrews talks about "faith" ....which shows how to lay hold of the life by which we are justified.
- The priesthood was changed from Levi to Judah (Christ's line). Hebrews 7:21-25 - v 21"The has sworn and will not change His mind. 'You are a priest forever" v22 accordingly Jesus has become the guarantee of a better covenant. v23 And the others who became priests were numerous, because death prevented them from continuing in office, v24 but he holds His priesthood permanently since Hi lives forever. v25 So Hi is able to save completely those who come to God through Him, because Hi always lives to intercede for them.
- Jesus came by grace and truth not the law.
Subject: Spiritual Warfare
- We have a weapon to fight Satan with.....it is the whole armor of God.
- Don't go out into the world half dressed.
- If you are a Christian, you are at war with Satan but you cannot fight him with your own fleshly body.
- Everything that we need, God has provided but we must utilize what God has provided.
- Prayer is the secret weapon - Luke 18:1 And Jesus spoke a parable unto his disciples to this end, that men ought always to pray and not to faint.
- Tap into the greatest power - GOD!
- Be careful, Christians, what is in your hearts. Proverbs 23:7 - For as he thinks in his heart so is he.
- Philippians 2:5 - Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus.
- First place the helmet of salvation understanding that Satan will most assuredly attack our minds, filling our thoughts with doubts and fears if we allow it.
- Secondly, place the breastplate of righteousness that guards my emotions which will allow me to think with a clear mind.
- Thirdly, strap on the belt of truth, which allows me to stay rooted in the Word of God.
- Fourth, place the sandals of peace on so that I am a peacemaker filled with peace and tranquil thoughts.
- Fifth, hold up the shield of faith so that fiery arrows from the enemy cannot withstand my faith in the promises of God.
- Finally, hold up the sword of the Spirit which is God's holy Word that cuts deeply and pierces the hearts of sinful man.
1 Corinthians 9:27 - But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.
Ephesians 6:8 - Remember that the Lord will reward each one of us for the good we do, whether we are slaves or free.
2 Timothy 4:6-8 - For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love His appearing.
Romans 10:9 & 11 - For if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. As the Scriptures tell us, "Anyone who believes in Him will not be disappointed."