- We are in the "Grace" period
- The gospel is about comforts, encouraging and exhorting.
- Timothy brought back a good report that the Thessalonians were standing firm in their faith even in the face of trials.
- Christians should have a good understanding of the truth concerning trials and tribulations so that faith is not shaken.
- We are to persevere, obey, comfort others and have a deep fellowship with Jesus during trials.
v2 - fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before Him He endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
v3 - Consider Him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
- Are you fully anchored on a solid foundation of Jesus Christ?
- We must have a vision lest we perish.
- We must continue to press toward the mark of the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus (Philippians 3:14)
- Be strong and courageous for God is with you wherever you go.
- Upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it (Matthew 16:18)
- God said, "I am God and I will not change." (Malachi 3:6)
- Go and share the good news!
The race is not won by the swift not the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise not yet riches to men of understanding not yet favor to men of skill; but time and chance happen to them all. (Ecclesiastes 9:11)
2. Lay aside some times. God wants a relationship with us. Take time to acknowledge Him. Lay aside your burdens, verbal sparing, friendships and such to be one with God.
3. Be labor involved - Run with perseverance, having patience, compelling others. Be strengthened on this race, witnessing to others.
Keep running with perseverance! Fix your eyes on Him. We are running not to the "tape" but to God!
Our lives are in the hands of the Almighty Lord, Jesus the Christ who walked on water (Matthew 14:22-36), changed water to wine (John 2:1-11), fed five thousand with loaves of bread and a few fish (Matthew 14:13-21).