- We are sanctified, set apart by God and are to act a certain way.
- God is concerned with our daily walk in this Christian life. He wants us to live as His children, now, even in this sin filled world.
- Paul urges the people to live as God wants them to, in Christ Jesus.
- God has a plan for His children already mapped out., it we will just believe and follow.
- We are to have brotherly love for one another as we were taught by God to love.
- We are to lead quiet lives meaning a restful, undisturbed and settled life, safe in the knowledge of God.
- We are to tend to our own business and work so that we are self supportive.
- God's answer for man is Jesus the Christ. For He is the Way, the Truth and the Life. (John 14:6)
- The Word of God should be in our every pores, pouring out of us to others.
v2. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God,
v3. but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.
v4. You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.
John, son of Zebedee; John who Jesus loved
John is clarifying the truth and exposing false teachings
We are children of the Most High God
Think what God wants you to think....with faith which is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. (Hebrews 11:1)
Whatever God has promised, He will deliver.
Think positive thoughts ..... whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy...think on that. (Philippians 4:8)
Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe.
Think often of God's goodness, His grace.
Don't be double minded. (James 1:8) - A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
See what God wants us to see.
Look for the good in others, for all have sinned and fallen short and fallen short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23)
Christ came to seek and save.
We must look further down the road than others.
We must look for ways to serve our brothers and sisters.
The greatest of men is the "server"
Hear what God wants us to hear.
Listen for the still, small voice of Christ.
Listen for the sin sick souls in order to help them as Christ wants us to.
Go where God wants us to go.
Go, ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believes and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believes not shall be damned.