Monday, November 21, 2011

Planning Meeting - Saturday, November 19, 2011

Each morning's events start off with praise worship by various ministers and congregation.
Presentations, discussions and questions were both stimulating and challenging.

Saturday was the end of an astounding Planning Meeting. Rev. Roderick Dawson lead the Call to Worship with The Litany for Empowerment.
Leader:  I am a part of the fellowship of the unashamed. I have Holy Ghost Power. The dye has been cast; I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made; I am a disciple of Jesus Christ! I won't look back let up, slow down, back up or be still!
People:  My past is redeemed. My present makes sense. My future is secure. I am finished and done with low-living, sight-walking, small-planning, colorless-dreaming, mundane-talking, cheap living, cloudy visions and dwarfed goals!
Leader:  I no longer need preeminence, position, promotions, plaudits or popularity. I do not have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean on the Lord, run with patience, lift by prayer and labor by Holy Ghost power!
People:  My face is set. My focus is fixed. My goal is heaven. My road is narrow. My way is rough. My guide is reliable, my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, lured, tempted, ignored, detoured, deluded or delayed.
This was just a taste of that powerful rendering.

Rev. Richard Tankerson read the scripture lesson from Psalm 27:1-14
1. The Lord is my light and my salvation so why should I be afraid? The Lord protects me from danger so why should I tremble?
2. When evil people come to destroy me, when my enemies and foes attack me, they will stumble and fall.
3. Though a mighty army surrounds me, my heart will know no fear. Even if they attack me, I remain confident.
4. The one thing I ask of the Lord, the thing I seek most, is to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, delighting in the Lord's perfections and meditating in His Temple.
5.  For He will conceal me there when trouble comes; He will hide me in His sanctuary. He will place me out of reach on a high rock.
6. Then I will hold my head high, above my enemies who surround me. At His Tabernacle I will offer sacrifices with shouts of joy, singing and praising the Lord with music.
7. Listen to my pleading, O Lord. Be merciful and answer me!
8. My heart has heard You say, "Come and talk we me." And my heart responds, "Lord, I am coming."
9. Do not hide Yourself from me. Do not reject your servant in anger. You have always been my helper. Don't leave me now; don't abandon me, O God of my salvation!
10. Even if my father and mother abandon me, the Lord will hold me close.
11. Teach me how to live, O Lord. Lead me along the path of honesty, for my enemies are waiting for me to fall.
12. Do not let me fall into their hands. For they accuse me of things I've never done and breathe out violence against me.
13. Yet I am confident that I will see the Lord's goodness while I am here in the land of the living.
14. Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord.

The closing sermon was presented by Rev. Remus E. Wright from The Fountain of Praise, Houston, Texas.
Taken from Matthew 11:28 - Then Jesus said, 
"Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest."
Subject: Heaven's Antidote for Human Anxiety

After the services, Bishop Ingram presented Rev. James Ford, Presiding Elder of the Dallas district, the medallion of leadership as the new Council President for Presiding Elders (seen in video). Also, pastor placements and assignments were presented by Bishop Ingram.
Events of 2012
(Some dates subject to change)
1. Bishop Gregory G.M. Ingram's birthday January 6, 2012

2. WMS Executive Board Meeting January 25-28, 2012 Birmingham, AL

3. Annual Ministers Conference Prairie View A&M University February 7-8, 2012

4. Founder's Day 2012
February 9-11, 2012
Crowne Plaza Hotel, Addison, Texas
7:30 PM Friday night
Rev. Dr. Jasmin Sculark will deliver sermon

5. WMS Blue & White Luncheon
Noon Saturday, March 31, 2012
Brady's Landing
8505 Cypress Street, Houston, TX
Rev. Dr. Ceceilia Bryant will deliver sermon
Donation: $50.00
Good Friday Worship

6. Seven Last Words
April 6, 2012
Houston, Texas

7. Paul Quinn College Graduation
May 5, 2012
3837 Simpson Stuart Road
Dallas, Texas

8. May Day 2012
May 17-19, 2012
Hilton Houston Post Oak Hotel
2001 Post Oak Blvd.
Houston, Texas

9. Power Sunday 2012 (Pentecost)
May 27, 2012

10.  49th Quadrennial Session of the General Conference
June 27-July 4, 2012
Gaylord Opryland Resort
Nashville, TN

11. 2012 Northwest Texas Annual Conference
September 8-15, 2012
2012 North Texas Annual Conference
September 22-29, 2012
2012 Southwest Texas Annual Conference
October 6-13, 2012
2012 Texas Annual Conference
October 20-27, 2012

12. Planning Meeting 2012
November 14-17, 2012

No comments:

Brown Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Church & Cemetery

Our Gospel is:
J-oyful in tone
E-arnest in spirit
S-atisfying to the soul
U-plifting to all
S-ane in its appeal.
Welcome to Brown Chapel A.M.E. Church blog.
We invite you to leave comments whenever you see the "Comments are Welcome" area at the end of each post. You can also email us about information that you, the viewer, might have concerning our church history or just to keep in touch with us. Finally, we also, encourage you to become a "Follower" of our blog! This allows you to be notified when a new post appears.

Videos

Please note: Some of the videos in this blog will appear blackened. This means that the video is only recorded in audio (no picture).

Slide Shows

If you are having trouble viewing each "show," click on the "X" at the right-hand top of each show to get rid of the ads.

Church Family

Veterans