Verse 6: Remember this, a farmer who plants only a few seeds will get a small crop. But the one who plants generously will get a generous crop.
Verse 7: You must each make up your own mind as to how much you should give. Don't give reluctantly or in response to pressure. For God loves the person who gives cheerfully.
Verse 8: And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others.
Paul uses military terms to describe the warfare against sin and Satan.
God must be our Commander in Chief.
Our thoughts must be submitted to His will as we live for Him.
The person wishes to boast should boast only of what the Lord has done!
- You need to know who you are in Christ Jesus!
- If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
- We must submit to God.
- God will never leave us or forsake us.
- Come to yourself and get back to Godliness.
- Be a good steward in your home
- Ephesians 6:1-3 Children, obey your parents because you belong to the Lord, for this is the right thing to do. Honor your father and mother. This is the first of the Ten Commandments that ends with a promise. And this is the promise: If you honor your father and mother, you will live a long life, full of blessings.
- 1 John 2:19 For the world offers only the lust for physical pleasure,the lust for everything we see, and pride in our possessions. These are not from the father. They are from this evil world.
- Deuteronomy 6:1 These are all the commands, laws and regulations that the Lord your God told me to teach you so you may obey them in the land you are about to enter and occupy and so you and your children and grandchildren might fear the Lord your God as long as you live.
- Train up the child in the way how he should go........