He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust.
Sermon: 2 Timothy 1:5
"I know that you sincerely trust the Lord, for you have the faith of your mother, Eunice and your grandmother, Lois."
Subject: The Faith of Our Mothers
- Motherhood is serious business
- Encourage and compliment from mother are inspiring to a child
- Give mother her flowers while she yet lives.
- Faith unfeigned = not putting on a false appearance.
- Motherhood is a position of high regard.
- Mothers pass on their wisdom to their children.
- Mothers make the deepest and most lasting impact on their children.
- 2 Timothy 3:14 - But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them.
- Faith dwelled in Lois and Eunice. Faith (in God) dwelled in Mary, the mother of Jesus.