Monday, June 24, 2019

June 23, 2019

Sunday School
Titus Chapter 3 and beginning The Grace of God
  • We are saved to do good.
  • Though we are subject to rulers and authorities, we are to do whatever is good.
  • Do not slander.
  • Be peaceable and considerate and gentle toward everyone.
  • God saved us because of his mercy.
  • Warn a divisive person once and a second time. After that, have noting to do with them.
The Grace of God
We all have heard and know the following portion of verse 9 from 2 Corinthians 12 - And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee.
But let's take a better look.
The Thorn in the Flesh
2 Corinthians 12:7-10 - And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure.  Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me.  And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."  Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
  • We know that God's grace is unmerited. We cannot earn it or work for it. God's grace is a gift from Him to us.

Sermon by Rev. Edward Hunt
Matthew 7:24-27 - Everyone, then, to whom my words come and who does them, will be like a wise man who made his house on a rock; And the rain came down and there was a rush of waters and the winds were driving against that house, but it was not moved; because it was based on the rock.  And everyone to whom my words come and who does them not, will be like a foolish man who made his house on sand; And the rain came down and there was a rush of waters and the winds were driving against that house; and it came down and great was its fall.
Subject: Who is your rock?!
  • God teaches us to build our souls and hears on a solid rock.
  • Upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against it. Matthew 16:18
  • We will all have storms in our lives but they are temporary but God is forever.
  • Our anchor is in Jesus Christ.
  • When you have an anchor in Jesus, eventually you "will" have perfect peace.
  • Do not fall away from God.
  • God doesn't want us to die in a hellish body and then go to hell.
  • Keep God in your heart and know that you are blessed beyond measure.
  • Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Psalm 23:4
  • Take refuge in God in all things.
  • Thank, praise and pray to God in good times and in bad.






 

No comments:

Brown Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Church & Cemetery

Our Gospel is:
J-oyful in tone
E-arnest in spirit
S-atisfying to the soul
U-plifting to all
S-ane in its appeal.
Welcome to Brown Chapel A.M.E. Church blog.
We invite you to leave comments whenever you see the "Comments are Welcome" area at the end of each post. You can also email us about information that you, the viewer, might have concerning our church history or just to keep in touch with us. Finally, we also, encourage you to become a "Follower" of our blog! This allows you to be notified when a new post appears.

Videos

Please note: Some of the videos in this blog will appear blackened. This means that the video is only recorded in audio (no picture).

Slide Shows

If you are having trouble viewing each "show," click on the "X" at the right-hand top of each show to get rid of the ads.

Church Family

Veterans