Monday, November 27, 2017

November 26, 2017

Sunday School

Recalibrating

Meaning: To start over; to go back to an original place or condition;
to begin anew.
In this Christian life, we sometimes lose focus, become distracted, zone out or get turned around. By resetting or recalibrating ourselves to walk the right path, we center ourselves in the WORD of God.
Below are a few verses to remind ourselves that God is with us through Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.
References: Google; BlueBible.org; ManSaysGodSays.com

Always with us – Joshua 1:5 – No one will be able to resist you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not abandon you or leave you alone.

Unchanging - Hebrews 13:8 – Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever!

Strength - Isaiah 41:10 – Don’t be afraid, for I am with you! Don’t be frightened, for I am your God! I strengthen you – yes, I help you – yes, I uphold you with my saving right hand!

Nearness - James 4:8 – Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and make your hearts pure, you double-minded.

Provision - Matthew 6:26 – Look at the birds in the sky: They do not sow, or reap, or gather into barns, yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Aren’t you more valuable than they are?

Comfort - John 14:18 – I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Rest - Matthew 11:28 – Come unto me, all ye tat labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Keep us from falling - Jude 1:24 – Now to the one who is able to keep you from falling, and to cause you to stand, rejoicing, without blemish before His glorious presence…

He’ll never leave us - Hebrews 13:5 – “I will never leave you and I will never abandon you.”

Peace - John 14:27 – Peace I leave you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Guidance - Job 23:10 – But He knows the pathway that I take; if He tested me, I would come forth like gold.

Care - 1 Peter 5:6-7 – And God will exalt you in due time, if you humble yourselves under His mighty hand by casting all your cares on Him because He cares for you.

Sufficient Grace - 2 Corinthians 12:9 – And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.”

Eternal security - John 10:28-29 – I give them eternal life, and they will never perish; no one will snatch them for My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all, and no one can snatch them from My Father’s hand.

Eternal life - John 3:16 – For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

God Knows Best

We say, “It’s impossible”                         God says Luke 18:27 – He replied, “What is impossible for mere humans is possible for God.”

We say, “I’m too tired”                            God says Matthew 11:28-30 – Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke on you and learn for me, because I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and my load is not hard to carry.”

We say, “Nobody really loves me”        God says 1 John 3:1 & 6 – Behold, what manner of love the Father has bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knows us not, because it knew Him not.

We say, “I can’t go on”                             God says 2 Corinthians 12:9 – But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”      & Psalm 91:15 – He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.

We say, “I can’t do it”                               God says Philippians 4:13 – I can do all this through Him who gives me strength.

We say, “I am not able”                           God says 2 Corinthians 9:8 – And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

We say, “It’s not worth it”                       God says Romans 8:28 – And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. 

We say, “I can’t forgive”                          God says 1 John 1:9 – If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.  &   Romans 8:1-2 – Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives live has set you free from the law of sin and death.

We say, “I can’t manage”                                    God says Philippians 4:19 – And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of His glory in Christ Jesus.

We say, “I’m afraid”                                  God says 2 Timothy 1:7 – For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

We say, “I’m always worried and frustrated”           God says 1 Peter 5:7 – Cast all your troubles on Him because He cares for you.
 
We say, “I’m not smart enough”           God says 1 Corinthians 1:30 – It is because of Him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God-that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.

We say, “I feel all alone”                          God says Hebrews 13:5 – “Never will I leave you’ never will I forsake you.”

Sermon
Matthew 2:1-2 - After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi from the east came to Jerusalem and asked, "Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him."
Subject:  What Did You Come To This Service For?
  • Herod was sometimes very generous and good but he became insanely suspicious.
  • Herod became a murderer who killed or had killed his wife, sons and mother-in-law.
  • Herod became bitter and warped.
Worshiping Jesus:
Takes a risk. But small is the gate and narrow the way that leads to life, and only a few find it.  Matthew 7:14; The highway of the upright is to depart from evil; He who watches his way preserves his life. Proverbs 16:17
We must know the Word of God. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  John 1:1-2
We must come with a spirit of sacrifice and generosity. Take the time out to study the Word; to help others; to pray.
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Brown Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Church & Cemetery

Our Gospel is:
J-oyful in tone
E-arnest in spirit
S-atisfying to the soul
U-plifting to all
S-ane in its appeal.
Welcome to Brown Chapel A.M.E. Church blog.
We invite you to leave comments whenever you see the "Comments are Welcome" area at the end of each post. You can also email us about information that you, the viewer, might have concerning our church history or just to keep in touch with us. Finally, we also, encourage you to become a "Follower" of our blog! This allows you to be notified when a new post appears.

Videos

Please note: Some of the videos in this blog will appear blackened. This means that the video is only recorded in audio (no picture).

Slide Shows

If you are having trouble viewing each "show," click on the "X" at the right-hand top of each show to get rid of the ads.

Church Family

Veterans