Thursday, January 26, 2017

January 22, 2017

Sunday School
Romans 13
Respect for Authority
 
  • Obey the government, for God is the one who put it there.
  • The authorities are sent by God to help us.
  • Two reasons to obey the government: to keep from being punished and to keep a clear conscience.
  • Pay your taxes.
  • Love does not wrong to anyone, so love satisfies all of God's requirements.
  • Wake up, for the coming of our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed.
  • Let the Lord Jesus Christ take control of you.
Sermon
Isaiah 43:13-14 and Philippians 2:13-14 - v13 From eternity to eternity I am God. No one can oppose what I do. No one can reverse my actions." v14 The Lord your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel, says: "For your sakes I will send an invading army against Babylon. And the Babylonians will be forced to flee in those ships they are so proud of.
v13 For God is working in you, giving you the desire to obey him and the power to do what pleases him.  v14 In everything you do, stay away from complaining and arguing.
Subject: How God Makes Away When There Seems To Be No Way!
 
  • I am God!
  • Abraham and Issac - Abraham was told to sacrifice Issac and he was about to do so when a ram in the bush was provided.
  • In the will of God, a solution is found.
  • God is at work inside us.
  • Speak the truth in "love."
  • Ask God to make us more like Christ.
  • ASK       SEEK     KNOCK
  • God's ways are not our ways.
  • Trust God when there seems to be no way out.
  • Be patient and wait on the Lord.
  • Trust and obey in the Lord.
  • Romans 8:26 - In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.
  • Seek God first.
  • Rely on the Spirit to fight your battles.
  • God sill strengthen our hearts.
 
Psalm 27  v1 The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? 
v2 When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. 
v3 Though a host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident. 
 v4 One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in His temple. 
 v5 For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion: in the secret of His tabernacle shall He hide me; He shall set me up upon a rock. 
v6 And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in His tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the Lord. 
v7 Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me and answer me. 
v8 When thou sadist, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, Lord, will I seek. 
v9 Hide not they face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.
v10 When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up.
v11 Teach me thy way, O Lord, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.
v12 Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty.
v13 I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
v14 Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.
 
 
We welcomed Mount Pleasant's church family to worship with us.

No comments:

Brown Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Church & Cemetery

Our Gospel is:
J-oyful in tone
E-arnest in spirit
S-atisfying to the soul
U-plifting to all
S-ane in its appeal.
Welcome to Brown Chapel A.M.E. Church blog.
We invite you to leave comments whenever you see the "Comments are Welcome" area at the end of each post. You can also email us about information that you, the viewer, might have concerning our church history or just to keep in touch with us. Finally, we also, encourage you to become a "Follower" of our blog! This allows you to be notified when a new post appears.

Videos

Please note: Some of the videos in this blog will appear blackened. This means that the video is only recorded in audio (no picture).

Slide Shows

If you are having trouble viewing each "show," click on the "X" at the right-hand top of each show to get rid of the ads.

Church Family

Veterans