Acts 17 & 18
Paul Preaches in Thessalonica
- We must search the scriptures of ourselves as did the people of Berea.
- Remember, Satan comes to us in thoughts, ideas and suggestions.
- From one man He created all the nations throughout the whole earth. God decided beforehand which should rise and fall, and He determined there boundaries. Acts 17:26
- His purpose in all of this was that the nations should seek after God and perhaps feel their way toward Him and find Him-though He is not far from any one of us. Acts 17:27
- God overlooked people's former ignorance about these things, gold or silver or stone (idols), but now He commands everyone everywhere to turn away from idols and turn to Him. For He has set a day for judging the world with justice by the man He has appointed, and He proved to everyone who this is by raising Him from the dead. Acts 17:30-31
- Paul preaches to the Gentiles because the Jews insulted him and wouldn't listen. "Your blood be upon your own heads-I am innocent. From now on I will go to the Gentiles." Acts 18:6
- Not all the work of a minister or missionary was drudgery, filled with setbacks or suffering. This Chapter 18 shows triumphant, the victories in key cities and the addition of exciting new leaders such as Priscilla, Aquila and Apolios to the church.
- Rejoice in the victories Christ brings and don't let the hazards create a negative mind-set.
- The Roman officer went to "the source." Jesus!
- The officer did not ask Jesus to go to his home. He simply stated what was wrong with his servant.
- Jesus was not afraid to go among those with Leprosy.
- Jesus is the center of our joy.
- Amazing faith is focused on Jesus.
- Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask of think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Ephesians 3:20-21