- The ground was leveled at the foot of the cross. There is no platform of religion or ethnic heritage or practice that one must climb to qualify for God's saving grace.
- Only God is to be worshiped. Not Peter by Cornelius.
- Anyone who comes to God must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him. Hebrews 11:6
- Jesus Christ is Lord of all people.
- God chose those who would see the risen Lord, says Peter, thus indicating that their witness not only has God's approval but has its origin in divine initiative, not human motivation.
- Peter speaks of repentance to the Gentiles.
- Salvation blessings comes to those who hear, receive, believe and hold fast to the Word. The gospel message.
Luke 18:1-8 - v1 He then told them a parable on the need for them to pray always and not become discouraged: v2 "There was a judge in a certain town who didn't fear God or respect man. v3 And a widow in that town kept coming to him, saying, 'Give me justice against my adversary.' v4 "For a while he was unwilling, but later he said to himself, 'Even though I don't fear God or respect man, v5 yet because this widow keeps pestering me, I will give her justice, so she doesn't wear me out by her persistent coming.'" v6 Then the Lord said, "Listen to what the unjust judge says. v7 Will not God grant justice to His elect who cry out to Him day and night? Will He delay help them? v8 I tell you that He will swiftly grant them justice. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He find that faith on earth?"
- Have you ever felt like giving up?
- We need to continue to press towards the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:14
- See that none render evil for evil unto anyone; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves and to all men. 1 Thessalonians 5:17
- We must pray and be on one accord..
- Pray without ceasing.
- Never lose heart.
- Wait on the Lord.