Resources: Kay Arthur; Google; BibleStudy.org
Chapter 18 The Fall of Babylon - in this chapter another angel from heaven states the fall of Babylon. A voice from heaven admonishes the people of God to be steadfast in their beliefs lest they partake of the plagues around them.
- God's people will be called out of Babylon while those that partake with sinful men must receive their plagues.
- Babylon will reap what she has sown.
- v17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, "It is done."
- v18 And there were voices, and thunders, and lightenings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty and earthquake, and so great.
- v20 But you, O heaven, rejoice over her fate. And you also rejoice, O holy people of God and apostles and prophets! For at last God has judged her on your behalf.
Chapter 19 Songs of Victory in Heaven - in this chapter the church in heaven and that on earth triumph and praise the Lord for His righteous judgments. Also, a vision of Christ going forth to destroy the beast and his armies is shown.
- Hallelujah! Salvation is from our God.
- God's judgments are just and true.
- Hallelujah! For the Lord our God, the Almighty, reigns.
- Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding feast of the Lamb.
- Heaven opened up and a white horse was standing there. And the one sitting on the horse was named Faithful and True. For He judges fairly and then goes to war.
- On His robe and thigh was written, King of kings and Lord of lords.
- The beast was captured and with him the false prophet and both were thrown alive into the lake of fire.
Chapter 20 - in this chapter Satan is bound for a thousand years and there is the Final Judgment.
- Those who suffered with Christ will reign with Him in His heavenly kingdom.
- The first resurrection are for those who in their conformity to Christ's wisdom, righteousness and holiness shall be favored.
- After one thousand years Satan will be let out. He will deceive nations from every corner of the earth (Gog and Magog).
- Satan will gather an army, the numbers of which are like the sands.
- Fire from heaven will come down and consumed them and Satan will be thrown into the lake of fire to join the beast and false prophet.
- There there will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
- v11 And I saw a great white throne, and I saw the one who was sitting on it. The earth and sky fled from His presence, but they found no place to hide.
- v12 I saw the dead, both great and small, standing before God's throne. And the books were opened, including the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to the things written in the books, according to what they had done.
- v15 And anyone whose name was not found recorded in the Book of Life was thrown into the lake of fire.