1 John 2:1-29
- Little children is an affectionate way to address God's children.
- We should all stop and do a self-exam of our inner-self.
- Jesus is our advocate with the Father.
- Jesus is the atoning sacrifice for our sins and the whole world.
- Beware of false teaching.
- John reminds us to stay strong; to obey; to not lose our way to the world.
- Lust of the flesh, lush of the eyes and pride of life comes not from God but from the world.
- We are in the last hours so guard against the antichrists who are constantly trying to invade the Christian life.
Luke 10:38-40 - As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, He came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to Him. She had a sister called Mary, who sat sat the Lord's feet listening to what He said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to Him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!"
Subject: " Talking of Busyness"
- We are always too busy - examples: I'll do that later, I'm too busy right now with something else; I'll call you later, I'm too busy at the moment; I'd love to help out but I'm too busy to day.
- We are to press toward the of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:14
- The race is not given to the swift, not the battle to the strong, neither yet bread tot he wise, not yet riches to men of understanding, not yet favor to men of skill but time and chance happen to them all. Ecclesiastes 9:11
- We sometimes feel trapped like mouse.
- Martha had opened her home and was busily preparing food but as Mary knew, Martha needed to be in the presence of the Lord, listening to the Word who had become flesh.
- Sometimes we are too busy to be still and know that He is God.
- Martha had lost sight of who she was and who Jesus was.
- We are to keep our mines on things eternal.
- Vs 41-42 - But the Lord answered her, "Martha, Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things, but one thing is needed. Mary has chosen the best part; it will not be taken away from her."
- Only what we do for Christ will last. 1 Corinthians 15:58