- Pay no attention to people who dress well or to those who dress shabbily. The clothing does not matter.
- Do not be partial to anyone.
- We have been given the liberty of freedom to "love."
- Faith without good deeds is dead.
- Our righteousness comes through Jesus.
- v26 - For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, even so faith apart from works is dead.
1 Corinthians 2:6-10 - We speak wisdom, however, among them that are full-grown: yet a wisdom not of this world, nor of the rulers of this world, who are coming to nought: but we speak God's wisdom in a mystery, even the wisdom that hath been hidden, which God foreordained before the worlds unto our glory: which none of the rulers of this world hath known: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory: but as it is written, Things which eye saw not, and ear heard not, And which entered not into the heart of man, Whatsoever things God prepared for them tat love Him. But unto us God revealed them through the Spirit: for the Spirit searches all things, yea, the deep things of God.
Subject: Spiritual Illumination
- Kids have knowledge all around them these days but not the wisdom to understand or discern right from wrong.
- The Holy Spirit can only illuminate us if we allow.
- Only "man" has a spirit.
- Our spirits connect with and communicate with God.
- Isaiah 55:8-9 - "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways," declares the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts.
- God's wisdom is contrary to that of the world's.
- Our lives with God will forever be changed.
- We still must study the Word, to continue our spiritual illumination.
- 1 John 4:1 - Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
- 2 Timothy 2:15 - Study to show yourself approved unto God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
- Psalm 37:25 - I have been young and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. (This is confirmation that if we believe in God, He will not forsake us)