Hebrews 1214-29 continued and Hebrews 13:1-25
- We must worship God in spirit and in truth.
- Hebrews 12 v22-28 - But you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly, to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel. See to it that you do not refuse Him who speaks. If they did not escape when they refused Him who warned them on earth, how much less will we, if we turn away from Him who warns us from heaven? At that time His voice shook the earth, but now He has promised, "Once more I will shake not only the earth but also the heavens." The words "once more" indicate the removing of what can be shaken-that is, created things-so that what cannot be shaken may remain. Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our "God is a consuming fire."
- Hewbrews 13 v1 - Keep on loving one another as brothers and sisters.
- God said, "I will never fail you. I will never forsake you."
- Some were teaching that keeping the Old Testament ceremonial laws and rituals were important for salvation. But these laws were useless for conquering a person's evil thoughts and desires. The laws could influence conduct but they couldn't change the heart.
- Lasting changes in conduct begin when the Holy Spirit lives in each of us.
- v15 - Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise-the fruit of lips that openly profess His name.
Ecclesiastes 3:1 - There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens.
Subject: "Is This Your Season?"
- Season is a period of time.
- We don't seem to have a problem with "if". We have a problem with "when" God will do what He says.
- Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every which rises against you in judgment, you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and "their righteousness is from Me", says the Lord.
- 1 John 4:4 Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world.
- Matthew 16:18 - And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
- Satan is not our biggest foe. We are.
- Romans 8:28 - And we know that to them that love God all things work together for good, to them that are called according to His purpose.
- God never changes no matter what we go through or do.
- Our lives revolve around the SON (Jesus).
- God measures seasons by truth and revelations.
- We must have a right relationship with God.
- Everything in our lives has a season.
- God is not trying to catch us off guard. We need to listen to the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus challenges us and changes us.
- We must welcome the challenge and the change.
- God is preparing us for our reward.
- Matthew 9:37 - The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few.