- Paul sends Timothy out to strengthen the churches.
- We must believe as servants of God
- The Words that I speak unto you, they are Spirit and they are life. (John 6:63)
- Paul was an apostle meaning one who is sent.
- So we are special messengers because we are in Christ.
- Timothy was encouraged to stop people from wasting time in speculation and rumors
- Our charge is love from t pure heart, a clear conscience and sincere faith.
- The law is for the lawless
- We live by grace and truth
Question: Faith and belief, how are they connected??
v10 Finally, my brethren be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might.
v11 Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
v12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
v13 Where fore take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
v14 Stand therefore, having your lions girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
- Satan doesn't waste his time on a stationary target. He's looking for those in motion for the Lord. Those are pressing toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 3:14)
- We are to be strengthened in the Word.
- Our weakness commits itself to the might of God.
The world is trying to drag us back to what we use to do.
Satan is the orchestrator
For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. (Galatians 5:17)
- We are in a tug of war with ourselves.
- Sin will make you pay more than you expected.
- The battle is not ours but God's!
- And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable and perfect, will of God.
- Satan came to steal, kill and destroy
- He wants to weaken us by planting doubt, worry, loss of time, envy, to name a few.
- But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord. (Joshua 24:15)
- Now therefore fear the Lord and serve Him in sincerity and in faithfulness. Put away the gods that your fathers served beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the Lord. And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the Lord, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. (Joshua 24:14-15)
- We must be prepared to fight - not by ourselves but with the whole armor of God.
- Be strong in the Lord.
- In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths. (Proverbs 3:6)
- We have access to the whole armor of God if we'd just use it.
- Be sober, be vigilant because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. (1 Peter 5:8)
- Seek the higher ground
- And upon this rock I will built my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. (Matthew 16:18)
v2 For He hath founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods.
v3 Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord? or who shall stand in His holy place?
v4 He that hath clean hands and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
v5 He shall receive the blessing from the Lord, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.
v6 This is the generation of them that seek Him, that seek Thy face, O Jacob. Selah.
v7 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lifted up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
v8 Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle.
v9 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
v10 Who is this King of glory? The Lord of hosts, He is the King of glory. Selah.