Don't be selfish; don't live to make a good impression on others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourself. Don't think only about your own affairs, but be interested in others, too, and what they are doing.
Jesus was obediently humbled Himself while in the flesh, by dying a criminal's death on the cross.
Because of this God raised Him up to the heights of heaven and gave Him a name that is above every other name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.
We must live in reverence and fear of God, being careful to keep His word. We must live in a way that our lives shine brightly before others. We are still working out our salvation as we live.
Reference: Cheating God - Malachi 3:8-12
- Jesus says, "Come to Me"
- But we fret or get distracted with other things - Reference: Luke 10:38-42 - Martha and Mary
- We take our burdens to friends - Reference: Job
- We run from our problems. But in the end, we must come to Jesus.
- We don't want God to turn us over to our reprobates minds.
- Jesus is the object of our faith.
- We must admit and commit to Jesus
- Repent! Be humble!
- Remember, Jesus paid it all, all to Him we own!
- We must submit to the will of God.
- Jesus was meek and lowly and those who take His yoke will learn His ways.
- Rest meaning rest of the heart, to love and heal in the peace of God that we may be more spiritual productive and purposeful.