After the death of Moses the Lord's servant, the Lord spoke to Joshua, son of Nun, Moses' assistant. He said, "Now that my servant Moses is dead, you must lead my people across the Jordan River into the land I am giving them. I promise you what I promised Moses: 'Everywhere you go, you will be on land I have given you -- from the Negev Desert in the south to the Lebanon mountains in the north, from the Euphrates River on the east to the Mediterranean Sea on the west, and all the land of the Hittites.' No one will be able to stand their ground against you as long as you live. For I will be with you as I was with Moses. I will not fail you or abandon you."
"Be strong and courageous, for you will lead my people to possess all the land I swore to give their ancestors. Be strong and very courageous. Obey all the laws Moses gave you. Do not turn away from them, and you will be successful in everything you do."
Subject: A Plan For Success - What's Holding You Back?
- God has promised us many things to this point in the Bible.
- Love, power and sound mind are a few of them.
- Do not become overwhelmed over what we see and hear in the world
- God will never leave us or forsake us.
- God is more than the whole world against us.
- It's all about our relationship with God or it's about nothing.
- Be aware of what God is saying to you.
- Satan wants us to lose sight of what God wants for us.
- Satan wants us fearful and second guessing ourselves.
- Keep our minds stayed on Jesus.
- "Don't be anxious for anything," says the Lord.
- Our hope is built on nothing less than God's righteousness.
- God has blessings just waiting for us. He will give us the desires of our hearts.
- The Lord is my light and my salvation - so why should I be afraid? The Lord protects me from danger - so why should I tremble?
- When evil people come to destroy me, when my enemies and foes attack me, they will stumble and fall.
- Through a might army surrounds me, my heart will know no fear. Even if they attack me, I remain confident.
- The one thing I ask of the Lord - the thing I seek most - is to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, delighting in the Lord's perfections and meditating in His Temple.
- For He will conceal me there when troubles come; He will hide me in His sanctuary. He will place me out of reach on a high rock.
- Then I will hold my head high, above my enemies who surround me. At His Tabernacle I will offer sacrifices with shouts of joy, singing and praising the Lord with music.
- Listen to my pleading, O Lord. Be merciful and answer me!
- My heart has heard you say, "Come and talk with me." And my heart responds, "Lord, I am coming."
- Do not hide yourself from me. Do not reject your servant in anger. You have always been my helper. Don't leave me now; don't abandon me, O God of my salvation!
- Even if my father and mother abandon me, the Lord will hold me close.
- Teach me how to live, O Lord. Lead me along the path of honesty, for my enemies are waiting for me to fall.
- Don not let me fall into their hands, for they accuse me of things I've never done and breathe out violence against me.
- Yet I am confident that I will see the Lord's goodness while I am here in the land of the living.
- Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord.