- We are circumcised by the heart.
- We are "not" subject to the law but Grace.
- God is not impressed with position or external positions.
- God is no respecter of persons.
- Remember the poor.
- Righteousness is right standing with God.
- Only through faith not works of the law do we earn God's approval.
- The law is a curse.
- I am not one of those who treats the grace of God as meaningless. For we could be saved by keeping the law, then there was no need for Christ to die. (verse 21)
- Haughty eyes
- A lying tongue
- Hands that kill the innocent
- A heart that plots evil
- Feet that race to do wrong
- A false witness who pours out lies
- A person who sows discord among brothers
- Be steadfast in the Word
- Recognize and be wise in the Lord
- Fear serves as an alarm system
- Fill yourself with God
1. Reverence of God (respect and fear Him)
Deuteronomy 5:29 - Oh, that would always have hearts like this, that they might fear me and obey all my commands! If they did, they and their descendants would prosper forever.
Also, refer to Job the 37th chapter.
2. Commanded to fear God
Ecclesiastes 12:13 - Here is my final conclusion: Fear God and obey His commands, for this is the duty of every person.
Psalm 145:19 - He fulfills the desires of those who fear Him; He hears their cries for help and rescues them.