Paul talks about not bragging or boasting of ourselves but of God in us that causes us to triumph.
Our only power and success comes from God.
- A physical covenant based on physical promises - Exodus 19:5-6; Deuteronomy 28; Leviticus 26 (Old Covenant)
- A spiritual covenant based on spiritual promises and eternal life - John 3:16; Hebrews 8:6, 9:15; Romans 8; Luke 18:29-30 (New Covenant)
- Physical circumcision - Genesis 17:9; Exodus 12:48; John 7:22 (Old Covenant)
- Repentance circumcision of the heart through baptism - Acts 2:38; 3:19; Romans 2:25-29; Philippians 3:3; Jeremiah 4:4; Colossians 2:11-13 (New Covenant)
- At institution of Old Covenant and earthly tabernacle, blood of animals used for consecration - Hebrews 9:18-23; Exodus 24:3-8; 40:1-38 (Old Covenant)
- At institution of New Covenant and heavenly tabernacle, blood of Jesus used for consecration - Luke 22:19-22; 1 Corinthians 11:23-32; Hebrews 9:14-28; 10:5-14 (New Covenant)
- No direct access to God the Father - Hebrews 9:6-8; 10:19 (Old Covenant)
- Direct access to the Father through Jesus - Matthew 27:51; Hebrews 4:14-16; Ephesians 7:25-27; John 16; Galatians 4:6-7; Romans 8:15; Ephesians 2:18 (New Covenant)