Sunday, November 26, 2023

November 26, 2023

 Welcome from Brown Chapel/Avant & Mt. Pleasant

Prayer: Pastor Baggett

Scripture: Psalm 23 - The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures: he leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul: he leads me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for you are with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: you anoint my head with oil; my cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Subject: What Do We Find In The Valley?

  • We will have mountains and valleys in our lives. But we know that there is nothing that God can't get us through.
  • In valley experiences are where terrible things happen such as illness, death, worry, depression, etc.
  • We must recognize what's really happening in that valley. Satan!
  • In the valley, we might consider it to be ground zero. But we know that there's a bright side somewhere.
  • In the valley, is the only access we have to the mountain. The valley is the place for the start to reach higher ground.
  • God provides an elevator saying "Going up!" in the valley.
  • Why do we need comfort as we go through the valley? We become anxious, wanting to work things out ourselves but God has the correct plan for us.
  • Weary, wounded, worn out and sad is what happens when we try things on our own.
  • For they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary and they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31
  • Come to me all who labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and lowly in heart and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30
  • Goodness plus mercy equals God's amazing grace.
  • Luke 3:5 - Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low.
  • Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
  • What do we find in the valley? We find God because he is everywhere at all times.
  • By grace we are saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: of works, lest any man should boast.  Ephesians 2:8-9


Roll Call:

Pastor Baggett

Rev. Pelton

Willie & Bonnie T.

Debra & Marceal W.

Clark M.

Thelma W.

Ginger R.

Violet W.

Evelyn H.

Rhonda L.

Closing Prayer: Pastor Baggett

No comments:

Brown Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Church & Cemetery

Our Gospel is:
J-oyful in tone
E-arnest in spirit
S-atisfying to the soul
U-plifting to all
S-ane in its appeal.
Welcome to Brown Chapel A.M.E. Church blog.
We invite you to leave comments whenever you see the "Comments are Welcome" area at the end of each post. You can also email us about information that you, the viewer, might have concerning our church history or just to keep in touch with us. Finally, we also, encourage you to become a "Follower" of our blog! This allows you to be notified when a new post appears.

Videos

Please note: Some of the videos in this blog will appear blackened. This means that the video is only recorded in audio (no picture).

Slide Shows

If you are having trouble viewing each "show," click on the "X" at the right-hand top of each show to get rid of the ads.

Church Family

Veterans