Sunday, September 22, 2019

September 22, 2019

Sunday School
Prayer - Part 3
Prayer is one of the most powerful weapons God has given us. But we are often confused as to how to pray just as Jesus’ disciples were uncertain, but Jesus taught them how to pray (Matthew 6:9-13).

o   1 John :15 – And if we know that He hears us – whatever we ask -  we know that we have what we asked of Him.
o   1 John 5:16 - If you see any brother or sister commit a sin that does not lead to death, you should pray and God will give them life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that you should pray about that.
o   1 Chronicles 16:11 – Look to the Lord and His strength; seek His face always.
o   2 Chronicles 6:21 – Hear the supplications of your servant and of your people Israel when they pray toward this place. Hear from heaven, your dwelling place; and when you hear, forgive.
o   2 Chronicles 7:14 – If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
o   Ephesians 1:18 – I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which He has called you, the riches of His glorious inheritance in His holy people.
o   Ephesians 6:18 – And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.
o   Jeremiah 29:12 – Then you will call on Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.
o   John 17:15 – My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one.
o   James 5:13 – Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them singsongs of praise.

o   Mark 11:24 – Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it. And it will be yours.

Brown Chapel AME Church family 
is very happy to welcome back for another year, 
Pastor Baggett & Family!!!
Sermon
Psalm 27:1-6 - The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?  When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.  Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.  One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; tat I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in His temple.  For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion: in the secret of His tabernacle shall He hide me; He shall set me up upon a rock.  And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in His tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the Lord.
Topic: Hope In The Midst Of Our Storms

  • David still had "hope," even with all his troubles. 
  • We have God who gives us hope even in the midst of our storms.
  • In the secular, hope is a longing for something that may or may not take place; from the Christian's view, hope is a deep settled confidence in God.
  • Are we armored up or hopeless in our humanity?
  • Hope is something we Christians need in large quantities.
  • From verses 1-3, the Lord is my light, my salvation and my strength.....so why should I be afraid of anything?!
  • Three attributes of God - (1) Light - God delivered His people from darkness; God orders our steps; God is our lamp: (2) Salvation - God delivered us from condemnation; our souls are secure in Him: & (3) Strength - God delivered us from defeat. 
  • Satan, himself is no match for God.
  • Be committed to God.
  • Psalm 84:1-4 - How amiable are thy tabernacles, O Lord of hosts!  My soul longs, yea, even faints for the courts of the Lord: my heart and my flesh cries out for the living God. Yea, the sparrow has found a house, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young, even your altars, O Lord of hosts, my King, and my God.
  • David yearned, desired to be close to God....as we should each and every day.

No comments:

Brown Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Church & Cemetery

Our Gospel is:
J-oyful in tone
E-arnest in spirit
S-atisfying to the soul
U-plifting to all
S-ane in its appeal.
Welcome to Brown Chapel A.M.E. Church blog.
We invite you to leave comments whenever you see the "Comments are Welcome" area at the end of each post. You can also email us about information that you, the viewer, might have concerning our church history or just to keep in touch with us. Finally, we also, encourage you to become a "Follower" of our blog! This allows you to be notified when a new post appears.

Videos

Please note: Some of the videos in this blog will appear blackened. This means that the video is only recorded in audio (no picture).

Slide Shows

If you are having trouble viewing each "show," click on the "X" at the right-hand top of each show to get rid of the ads.

Church Family

Veterans